“Fabulous Food and Servicre”
Review of Hoppe's Garden Bistro - CLOSED

Hoppe's Garden Bistro
Cuisines: European, Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Hoppe’s Garden Bistro has been serving the highest quality Continental cuisine and the finest International and local wines, from our historic location in the heart of Cayucos, for over 13 years. Our team of professional, knowledgeable servers have devoted themselves to pampering our guests and delivering a sophisticated level of attentive service. The kitchen and bakery are abuzz early each morning as our chefs start their daily craft of making virtually everything by hand: breads, pizza dough, ice cream, cakes, pastries, stocks, sauces, pasta, smoked meats, sausages, cured fish – it all begins from scratch with our dedication to fresh flavors and creative seasonal cuisine.By the time Chef Wilhelm Hoppe opened Hoppe’s Garden Bistro in 2000, he was already recognized as one of the Central Coast’s most cutting edge chefs. His years in Morro Bay at Hoppe’s 901 and Windows on the Water won over the palates of many critics and the dining public. Chef Hoppe’s uncompromising use of the finest ingredients, skillful saucing and masterful plating won him respect as someone truly devoted to his passion. Chef Hoppe graduated from the Culinary Institute of America in New York and trained in Switzerland before settling here. His numerous accolades include Awards of Excellence from Wine Spectator and Le Cordon Bleu. Sadly, Chef Hoppe passed away in 2010.Today, Hoppe’s honors the man and his legacy: sourcing fresh, high quality ingredients, creating seasonally inspired flavors, and building long lasting relationships with growers, winemakers and patrons.
Reviewed May 1, 2005

While on a trip up the coast we stayed in Morro Bay and I had made reservations at Hoppe's after learning they served Abalone, which is a favorite of mine and hard to find. We celebrated my birthday there and had a wonderful evening. The food was fabulous and we weren't disappointed with anything.
The abalone is local and it was presented beautifully, my waitress even let me keep the shell. My husband had the Pheasant which was excellent. I do not believe there is anything they prepare that would not be good. I highly recommend this restaurant to anyone who enjoys fine dining. We also toured the little garden in the back and saw the egrets nesting in the trees at sunset. What a delightful setting.

10  Thank charc