Open today: 9:00 AM - 6:00 PM
Review Highlights
So good!

During our stay, we of course had to hit the Brown Butter Cookie, and we were not disappointed. I... read more

Reviewed October 30, 2018
Terry B
Santa Cruz, California
Great quick stop!

I popped in twice on my overnight visit to Cayucos. Staff were attentive and friendly, and ready... read more

Reviewed September 16, 2018
2017sue2017
El Cerrito, California

All reviews cookies sea salt melt in your mouth free samples offered samples chocolate chip sunset magazine behind the counter open house great gifts snickerdoodle quaint little town variety pack great tasting sweet and salty road trip morro bay
Reviewed July 11, 2013

Even before we were completely in the door we were offered samples of the "original" cookie, then samples of two more. A bit pricey (but most bakery cookies are), they are nonetheless very tasty. Interesting that they add a dash of sea salt to the cookie. Not sure what that does, but whatever...they are very good treats!

Date of experience: July 2013
Reviewed July 11, 2013

What a great find on the main street. A lovely cookie factory with the best tasting cookies. We had a few samples.

Date of experience: June 2013
Review collected in partnership with Watchb4go.com
Reviewed July 8, 2013

Brown Butter Cookie Company is a one of a kind, local joint. The bake the most delicious brown butter, sea salt cookies on a variety of flavored including original, cocoa, coconut lime, expresso and others. One can buy one cookie or dozens, in a single flavor or combination packs. Free samples make it worth a looksee. The will ship. The only reason I don't give it five stars is because it is SO expensive!!! Which is probably a good thing or I would eat too many!!!

Date of experience: July 2013
Reviewed July 7, 2013

A must stop in Cayucos. The original Brown Butter Sea Salt Cookies are so good! Fun little place where you can see and smell the great variety of cookies as they are being made. Friendly staff welcomes you and offer a generous supply of samples so you can try all the different types of cookies available to purchase. I didn't find one that I didn't like! This is a great Cayucos treasure that I highly recommend. Also, a nice extra, they sell milk too. You can't beat cookies and milk!

Date of experience: May 2013
Reviewed July 6, 2013

There really isn't a lot to see and do in Cayucos, so a visit to Brown Butter Cookie is a must. They only produce one type of short bread cookie (with several flavors), but they are really good. Since they last more than 30 days, these cookies make great gifts.

Date of experience: June 2013