“A wonderful first night stop with our puppy”
Review of Cayucos Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Cayucos
Cayucos Motel
Ranked #5 of 10 Hotels in Cayucos
Bonita, California
“A wonderful first night stop with our puppy”
Reviewed July 1, 2014

What a quaint, seaside motel......a highlight was fresh flowers, personalized dog dish, dog toys, and tons of dog treats for our Golden named Sandy. What a nice surprise! This older motel was spotless and very comfortable for the whole family. The location is perfect for checking out the entire town on foot. Another impressive event at the motel was the continental breakfast. Lots of options, beautiful fresh fruit, and very friendly staff. I would definitely recommend this diamond in the ruff!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
San Diego, California
Reviewed May 28, 2014

I had looked up places to stay in Cayucos, as a friend told me what a fun little dog friendly town this was and we were heading down the coast on a road trip vacation with our dogs. I had looked up Cayucos Motel and it looked great and a perfect stop for us on our way back home to San Diego. We spent two nights there and truly enjoyed our stay. The rooms were big, spotlessly clean and our single king bed was super comfy.
The continental breakfast was a nice touch and we enjoyed it very much. The dogs had a blast, the first night Carolann (I hope I spelled your name right!), knocked on the door and brought our dogs these huge, personalized dog bowls stufffed with treats and toys! Needless to say, our dogs were thrilled with their goodies!
The beach is steps away and just gorgeous and the town is small enough that you can walk to dining and delis.
We loved the relaxed and easy beach vibe here and we are hoping to come back soon with our dogs!
Awesome motel, highly recommend! :)

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Costa Mesa, California
Reviewed March 10, 2014

We were told by the Manager of the Cayucos Motel that they don't charge any pet fees. Your dogs gets to stay for FREE. Isn't that a nice change...!!

It's a nice, smaller but older motel. The location is excellent. It's located right by the approach to the beach, and...within a VERY easy walking distance to "downtown" and the various restaurants.

You won't have a view of the beach itself, but...you won't be paying for a view either.

I believe that this little motel only offers 8 rooms with different room configurations so call the motel for details. They do offer a free continental breakfast.

The motel might only rate a "3" = average, but we think that the "no pet fees" policy is a really cool thing to do so we're rating the Cayucos Motel a "four".

PS: Isn't it nice to see a small town motel retain "motel" in it's name. Especially in this day and age when any motel or inn is being called a "hotel". We wonder when Motel 6 will change it's name to Hotel 6....!!!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank ebrynnie
Zephyrhills, Florida
Reviewed December 25, 2013

My sisters and I have stayed at the Cayucos Motel 3 years in a row - would do so again, and again! The people are friendly, the rooms are quaint and comfortable. You can't beat staying within walking distance of the ocean!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank AAyres2013
Paso Robles, California
Reviewed November 20, 2013

Last minute drive to cayucos found me welcomed by friendly staff at Cayucos Motel. I was offered a tour of availble rooms and choose the "Paradise Room". New bed, bedding, quilt, fluffy new towels and a sparkling clean room. Tub/shower was spotless! Coffee maker and refrigerator too! I was taken back by the hospitality and most pet friendly welcome ever. Annie and Olive were given "dog gifts" specific to them. Olive is ball crazy and got extra tennis balls! A beautiful breakfast with fresh fruit, hard boiled eggs, pastries, coffee, juice etc. Great lawn area that boasts a beautiful ocean view for a sunset glass of wine or sunrise coffee. Refferal for a massage worked out wonderful. Can't wait to go back! The best, cleanest, friendliest motel ever!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank CjgAtown
california
Reviewed October 28, 2013

Thanks to Trip Advisor, we found the small and charming Cayucos Motel. We are traveling with a small dog and are happy to find a place that truly welcomes pets. The motel across the street advertises itself as "pet friendly", but charges $25 extra per pet. The Cayucos Motel does not have a surcharge and welcomed our dog with a personalized gift: a silver bucket with his name on it that was filled with dog treats and toys! A couple pulled into the parking lot just as we were leaving for dinner. I said, "This is a great place to stay" and the man said, "That's good to hear. I'm the owner!" It is a family run business and the people could not be nicer or more helpful. We highly recommend this wonderful motel. It's clean, quiet and centrally located right near the beach and businesses.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank maackery
Santa Maria, CA
Reviewed October 15, 2013

We made reservations here for my birthday weekend and I was so excited...unfortunately our family came down ill just a couple of days before the stay. I called to find out the cancellation policy and was greeted with I'm so sorry you are ill. I can take the cancellation and I'm sure we can fill the room. Come visit when you feel better.

A far cry from the usual take the fee and then rebook the room. She was so kind. Can't wait to really visit...

Thank you for being so considerate.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Tara L
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cayucos
Cayucos Shoreline Inn...on the beach
Cayucos Beach Inn
Cayucos Beach Inn
#3 of 10 in Cayucos
On The Beach Bed & Breakfast

Been to Cayucos Motel? Share your experiences!