“Classic Motel”
Review of Cayucos Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Cayucos
Cayucos Motel
Ranked #5 of 10 Hotels in Cayucos
Los Angeles, California
“Classic Motel”
Reviewed May 27, 2011

I recently stayed at the Cayucos Motel for 2 nights in May 2011. It's a classic style "old school" motel. Rooms are small, but very clean. Beds were comfortable. The motel was a very short walk to the beach and restaurants. The staff were all very friendly and helpful. I look forward to staying here again during my next trip to Cayucos.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank SNAFU23

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Cali
Reviewed May 14, 2011

My wife and I and our 6 month old baby stayed here over the weekend. It was a perfect fit. The room was spacious enough space for the king size bed we were in, a pack n play, and a bob stroller. The room an bathroom were vert clean and for the price you can't beat it. We were about 100 feet from the sand and the motel has a BBQ, ping pong table, patio furniture, boogie boards, and other things for the guests to use. It's a short walk to down town...and I mean a short walk. We will surely stay here again.

• Stayed May 2011
1 Thank jscottk19
Sunnyvale, California
Reviewed November 14, 2010

My mother and I have stayed here twice and have been very comfortable. It is an older motel, but it had everything we needed and the beds are very comfortable. The staff couldn't be nicer or more accommodating! It doesn't look out over the beach, but you are virtually steps away. Restaurants are within walking distance and are very good. The continental breakfast is not fancy but it did the job and we were happy to have it! Sometimes the clean-up could be a little better, but if you have an issue, they are very responsive. Also note, that staff is not in attendance through the night. They are also trying to sell the property.

• Stayed August 2010
Folsom, Pennsylvania
Reviewed September 12, 2010

Can't beat the price. Room needs some update but the quality of service and price could not be beat. Walk to beach is a couple of blocks and late check-out if needed. If your looking for a room on a budget with good serivce and the right value this is the spot. Keep in mind that it is a motel. But worth it!!

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Lisi27
los angeles
Reviewed July 28, 2010

So my wife and i went back to stay here for a week again and coundnt be happier, Staff is always ready to help and be there for you. Perfect location, 1 minuite to the sand and 2 minuties to the center of town. We miss Cayucos and the Cayucos Motel already.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank akc3tp
california
Reviewed March 20, 2010

Me and my husband have been staying at the Cayucos Motel for years. They also except pets. The motel is in a good location. We meet a lot of neat people at the motel. We will keep going back. We appreciate the owners.

• Stayed June 2008, traveled with family
Claremont, CA
Reviewed November 16, 2009

My wife and I were driving to Carmel to spend a few days with some friends. My wife is a stroke survivor, and cannot make the car trip in one day, so we decided to stop in Cayucos, as we have stayed there several times for longer stays and love the quaint village atmosphere and several good restaurants. The difficulty in a beach resort is finding a location that will take guests for only one night on a Saturday.
I inquired to several locations, and Cayucos Motel responded favorably. I called them early in the week of our arrival, and was advised by a pleasant lady that there were two rooms available: a king room and another with two beds - a double and a single. I told her of my issues with my wife's access issues and advised the two beds would not work at all, and we would pay the higher price for the king room. Because the reservation was inside 7 days from the arrival date, she advised me that we would need to use a credit card to make the full deposit, and that we would not get any refund if we cancelled. I replied this was OK - we were looking forward to visiting.
We arrived to check in at 4pm, and found the property to be a bit dated but also pretty much what we expected having viewed their webpage, which also had pictures of the rooms. We were met by a friendly lady at the very small office, and she pulled our reservation card and told me they were going to lower the price on our room as a seasonal discount, which was good with me! She scratched out the old rate on our card and wrote in the new rate. Then she also crossed of the old room number and changed that as well to room six. This was closest to the office, so I left my waiting wife in the car to open the room and drop my carry bag. To my surprise, I was greeted by the dreaded 2-bed room I had expressly turned down during my call earlier in the week.
Returning to the office, I was told they were sorry, but the lady who took my reservation probably was one of the cleaning ladies and neglected to take my phone number and address, so they had not been able to call and confirm we were coming, and so since we were the last of the day to check in they ahad given our king room to someone else. This was completely untrue, as I had given all this info along with my credit card number when making the reservation.
I explained my wife had difficulty sleeping in a bed alone because she needs help turning in the night and we could not use the room. She offered to make a call, and found a suite at the property accross the street, but the cost was $75 more and was also on the 3rd floor with no elevator. When I said this was no good, she offred no solution.
We wound up having to stay here and suffered through getting up from bed all night to turn my wife, having no table so I had to sit on my knees on the floor to use the bed as a desk. But the most annoying thing was the way I was mislead when I arrived, claiming I was getting this great discount when in fact I had been screwed out of the room I had paid for in advance.
No amenities in the room except a TV and VCR; they have a good selection of old movies to borrow as well as some books. There is a microwave in the port that is shared by all guests. There is a minimal continental breakfast of wrapped bars and some fruit and coffee. Aside from being mistreated, the motel is the quintessential beachcomber motel of California, and if economy is your desire, this would be a great pick as long as you make sure to make follow up calls to make sure you get what you reserve. If you plan in advance, there are several nicer motels in the same block that are a much better value.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
5 Thank thetenor
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cayucos
Cayucos Shoreline Inn...on the beach
Cayucos Beach Inn
Cayucos Beach Inn
#3 of 10 in Cayucos
On The Beach Bed & Breakfast

Been to Cayucos Motel? Share your experiences!