“My first getaway in years” 5 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Cayucos Shoreline Inn...on the beach
Ranked #1 of 10 Hotels in Cayucos
Redondo Beach, California
“My first getaway in years”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 24, 2012

After very stressful recent years, I needed a relaxing getaway and found it in quaint Cayucos at the wonderful Shoreline Inn where I stayed 4 nights. 3 nights in a beachfront room dowstairs, and extending my stay for 1 night, I moved upstairs. The hotel staff is very friendly and helpful, the rooms are very clean and I and Sailor (Eskie) just loved the 'dog welcome package' (sheet to put on top of the bed so pooch can sleep there, dog dish and a couple of dog bones). Though I brought my own dog towels, it was very nice to have a nice plush towel for him in the room so I was able to dry him off when I had to hose him down after jumping into a tide pool. He never sleeps on the bed at home but loved the bed(s) at the Inn. The breakfast was satisfying and the wine glasses in the room were a nice surprise.
I had brought a novel with me, but didn't read one line, nor did I watch t.v. for more than a total of 2 hours during the whole 4 days. Departure day actually made me sad, a couple of days later I remedied this by making my next reservation. I (and Sailor) can't wait...

• Stayed February 2012, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
CayucosShoreline, Manager at Cayucos Shoreline Inn...on the beach, responded to this review, March 14, 2012
Thank you so much for leaving a review. We are so glad you and Sailor had a wonderful time. Sounds like you just had a wonderful time to relax and that’s exactly what we’re hoping our guests can do when they just want to get away for a little bit. Thank you for mentioning the dog goodies we put in the rooms and the little extra things we do. We try hard to make all our guests feel welcomed. We will see you again soon.
Laila Kollmann

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (273)
Salinas, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 21, 2012

We loved our stay at the Shoreline Inn. the beach was right at our feet, it was awesome! We had a down stairs room, so we could go beach walking at any moment we felt like it, and so we did! The breakfast was great,lots of fresh fruit and fresh pastries. Our room was very clean, we had a comfortable bed and the staff was friendly. Cayucus is a very quaint village and we will return for many more fun times, thanks to our pleasant visit at the Shoreline Inn.

Room Tip: The rooms on the bottom floor are so convenient to get to the beach, especially if you have a pet...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank AngelaMott
Thank you for leaving a review. We love hearing from our guests. Thank you for the pictures you took, this will help future guests and we love looking at the Inn from a guest’s perspective. We are also glad you enjoyed our breakfast and the views. You are exactly right Cayucos is a quaint village that has been able to keep its charm for decades and the Shoreline Inn lets our guests enjoy the town, but also the beach! We hope to see you again soon
California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 20, 2012

Our stay here was amazing. You are in walking distance of great places to eat, there are great places (antique and others) to shop and explore, it's just an overall great place. The staff was amazing and the breakfast served in the morning was perfect to get you on your way! We sat at on the grassy area and watched the sun go down...amazing!!! This place is pet friendly and we met a lot of great people who were staying with their pets. Please don't come here and complain if you are not an animal lover!!! Everything in our room was fresh and clean and we couldn't have asked for a better place to stay for a weekend getaway!!

Room Tip: The beach front rooms are awesome, if you stay on the bottom floor your door opens up on to a grassy...
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you so much for writing a review. We are so glad you and your pet had a wonderful time, this is exactly what we strive for. Thank you for mentioning the cleanliness of our rooms, our housekeeping staff takes pride in keeping the rooms clean. You are right our sunsets are wonderful and are a joy to watch especially in the wintertime. We hope to see you and your pet again soon
Fresno, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 19, 2012

This was our first time to this property. We usually stay at another hotel in the area because it was what we knew but they are always booked. Are we ever glad! This was a GEM. We celebrated our 25th anniversary here. I can't say enough about how clean it was. We stayed one night in a downstairs room and then moved upstairs for two nights. Both rooms were FRESH smelling, and not because of that horrid, overpowering carpet fresh menace. I discovered they even wash their bedspreads after EVERY visit. Can you imagine? I always take those things off because I think they're nasty. Their's aren't! We didn't bring our dogs this time or our kids but we will bring both next time for our daughter's 21st birthday. The staff was helpful about anything we asked and gave us great eating recommendations. The cleaning staff was friendly and unobtrusive but offered whatever we requested. If I were to add anything it would be a thick foam mattress topper. The mattresses offer GREAT support but, on this old body, they were just a little hard. Maybe have a few on hand just in case a guest has a need? And for all I know, they do! (I never asked.) They are nearly supermen and women at this place so, it's entirely possible they HAVE thought of everything! Loved it, just loved it and would not stay any place else now when we hit the central coast. OH! And they even sent up some chocolates and little bottles of Martinelli's to help us celebrate. VERY thoughtful. Loved you guys!

Room Tip: You will be fine upstairs or down. Great views all around and the noise level is zero in your room w...
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank ReillyClan
Thank you so much for leaving a long review about your stay. We are so glad you had a wonderful time. We loved reading about your experience. Next time please mention the need for an additional mattress topper and we will be happy to provide you with one to make your stay even more comfortable. Thank you for leaving a room tip with trip advisor, this will help future guests to make their room selection a bit easier. We will see you again soon
Vienna, Austria
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 10, 2012

I have been staying at the Shoreline for the past 10 years and have never had a bad visit. They have made continuos changes to make the rooms nicer and add services to the guests. It has an amazing location, just a few steps away from the beach and nearly all the rooms have a great view of the beach. It is in the center of town, a small one that is, so you can walk to every store and restaurant in the area within a few minutes.

They offer great deals in the winter which make them unbeatable to any other motel in the area. I have never had a bad experience with the place and will continue being a guest as long as I can make it there.

The service is very friendly, I have sat in the lobby and chatted with staff for hours. It is a small family owned business and get to know you by name after just a stay or two.

Cayucos is also a great little town. It is a small town USA place with less than 3000 people and has a small beach town vibe.

GREAT PLACE. RECOMMEND TO EVERYONE!!!

Room Tip: I would recommend the beachfront rooms to the true beach-goers, as it gives you a 180 degree view fr...
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Rainer S
CayucosShoreline, Manager at Cayucos Shoreline Inn...on the beach, responded to this review, January 24, 2012
Thank you for your detailed comments, your experience at the Shoreline is one that represents our goals for guest satisfaction. For future reference, we now have a Sanddollar Reward Card for frequent visitors. Be sure to ask for it when you visit next.
San Francisco, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2012

This would have been my third visit. My first had no problems. On my second visit, we arrived late. Consequently, we did not use the bathroom until the morning and quickly learned that the toilet was broken and that it could not be repaired for several hours. So not to be inconvenienced, the motel provided us with a key to another room to use the restroom. Thank god, because we also learned that the sink was leaking buckets of water onto the floor. Despite the inconvenience, I was still willing to give the motel another chance. However, I called to make a reservation last week for an upcoming one night stay and I just received a phone call from hotel management asking if I was a "proper fit for this hotel" because I had the gall to complain about a broken toilet and sink. My question is who would a proper fit for an overpriced motel with a "remodeled" non-working bathroom? The answer is nobody. Stay away from this motel!

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
9 Thank hck021
We appreciate your comments and value your opinion. We, at Shoreline Inn, strive to make every guest’s visit a pleasant one. We look forward to satisfied customers becoming repeat guests. Part of our success is the quality of cleanliness and upkeep of the property. However, issues do arise just as in any home or business. We make every effort to solve a problem as efficiently and painless as possible, and it is unfortunate when a guest feels that they have had a negative experience.
Eureka, Montana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 5, 2011

This was our third year staying here and the rooms on the beach have been upgraded. Flat screen T-V and frige and microwave in room. Good carpet and lockable patio door.. a nice touch. New king size bed and crisp linnens. The bed was comparable to the one I have at home. I booked a upstairs fireplace room in May for November thru Marshall and the room was as I had requested. The soundproofing is good as we never heard a peep from next door or below during the 4 nights. The continental breakfast was good as well with coffee juice milk and toast and bagels and fresh fruit. Housekeeping was excellent also. this property is pet friendly but no pet mess . Kudos to the Owners. Nice people and friendly and knowledgable of the area. In 3 years I never have had a billing problemor error. The rate quotes is what I paid. Would come again if in the area.

Room Tip: Try for an Upstairs room with an Ocean View
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you so much for your kind review of our motel and for noticing the updates to the hotel. We have many return guests who were very pleased with the updates, especially the soundproofing. Our fireplace rooms are popular. Thank you also for your comments about the pet friendliness. We strive hard to make the motel pet friendly, but also comfortable to our guests without pets. We hope to see you again soon.
Laila Kollmann
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cayucos
Pier View Suites
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,252 reviews
Cayucos Beach Inn
Cayucos Beach Inn
#3 of 10 in Cayucos

Been to Cayucos Shoreline Inn...on the beach? Share your experiences!