“Charmed by the Charming Seaside Motel”
Review of Seaside Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Cayucos
Seaside Motel
Ranked #2 of 10 Hotels in Cayucos
The Bay Area, California
“Charmed by the Charming Seaside Motel”
Reviewed February 7, 2011

The Seaside Motel is wonderful in every way, from its knowledgeable of Cayucos owners, that dote on their precious, well cared for motel(as another reviewer said, "a motel in name only"), to its darling, clean rooms, and out on to the beyond charming grounds that make this motel a little slice of paradise.
We stayed in the Birdhouse Bungalow, a sweet room with double beds, and a birdhouse/gardening motif. It was darling, simple, comfortable, very tidy, and we wanted for nothing. I really want the silverware birdhouse by the door!!! I love all the little touches of cuteness all over the grounds. Rick and Rebecca are friendly, patient and very helpful. We found Rebecca in the wonderful backyard/patio area, trimming the grass with scissors! Now that's a person who cares about their place.
I must say, the town is a pleasure, and so very dog-centric. We found the locals friendly, and the restaurants are great-from the simple to the upscale. Make time for the sunsets at the end of your day-they are mesmerizing, especially from the awesome pier! We had a great time, and we'll be back to stay! Thanks for the R & R, Rick and Rebecca! Lisa

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
Carlsbad, California
Reviewed January 29, 2011

We just returned from our one week vacation where we spent three days in Santa Ynez and three nights in Cayucos. We went from an "Inn" to a "motel" and we were a little apprehensive, but we took a chance based on all the great reviews and the motel's own website, and we couldn't have been more pleased.

The place is a motel by name only. It is clean, ideally located, the owners are super friendly and aim to please. In fact we enjoyed our stay here more than the 4 diamond AAA rated inn we stayed at three nights prior. We just hung out in the garden area, totally at ease letting the kids loose to play around. We felt safe and comfortable. Our room was only 3 steps from the garden.

We had all the amenities in our room. Our room had a kitchenette. This is actually an incorrect statement, because in reality it was a full working kitchen with everything I needed to cook spectacular meals. I've stayed at places that cost twice as much with "kitchenettes", and all they had was a microwave and a tiny fridge. Our room had a GAS stove. So we would take our drinks from wine country, our bowl of chips and salsa, and just relax outside enjoying the spectacular view while the kids kept themselves busy.

I just wish we had more of the great view, but that is icing on the cake. Finally, there is no smoking in the rooms, and I like that. But it is a smoker's friendly place so there were ash trays outside for those of us that indulge in a cigar or pipe. No one looked at you funny if you decided to relax with a stogy. The whole family loved this place, and for sure we're going back.

I mean c'mon. It's reasonably priced, it is super clean, it's got a cool garden, it's steps from the beach, I can walk to downtown, kids loved it. What more would you want?

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with family
Los Angeles
Reviewed January 11, 2011

If you enjoy homey accommodations, the value offered at the Seaside Motel can't be beat. The proprietors, who have no employees, take such great pride in their clean and well appointed rooms that it feels more like staying in a friend's guest room than a motel. Even the linens and towels are like those you find at home. Quaint, peaceful, and homey - this motel was the best value from my family's tour of California.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with family
los angeles
Reviewed January 5, 2011

I've been returning to the Seaside for at least 20 years. It's my home away from home, and always my first choice when I'm on the central coast. Rick and Becky are the most dedicated hosts in town -- always friendly and warm -- it's like reconnecting with long lost cousins. The place is extremely clean and well kept, and the garden has given me peace and solace on many of my breaks from "reality".

This would be a great spot for a family reunion - several rooms have kitchenettes, and the garden has a table and BBQs are available.

Can't say enough about it. Location, price, cleanliness -- and its quiet !! Go and enjoy!

• Stayed January 2011, traveled solo
Santa Barbara, California
Reviewed November 27, 2010

Everytime work has me totally tired out I make a run to Cayucos. And if I am going there, I book with the Seaside Motel or the visit just wouldn't recharge my batteries. I'd doubtless leave perhaps full of good wine and food, but the level of relaxation would not have been achieved. Rick and Becky welcome me with a smile and a key...not forms to fill out with license plate and description of cars etc. They keep their property immaculate because it is all maintained by themselves! Their pride is evident everywhere and the effect is that I feel like I am at home there. Almost hate to pass this word on as I don't want to have to call and find out there are no rooms, but the word is out already. I'm just punctuating it. If you need a 'mental health break' GO THERE and take the time to breath it all in.
--The not-so-tired-now Orchid Lady from Santa Barbara

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with friends
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed November 20, 2010

A great place in a great town...cozy, clean as a whistle, warm friendly service and a private garden to die for! And the price is right, too.....

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
Glen Ellyn
Reviewed November 2, 2010

The rooms here are over decorated but knowing in advance helps. The owner was very pleasant and the location was near a beach access point and easy to reach along HWY. 1. We had a good night's sleep on a great bed in the Sunflower Surprise room.

Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cayucos
Cayucos Shoreline Inn...on the beach
#3 of 10 in Cayucos
Beachwalker Inn
Beachwalker Inn
#5 of 7 in Cayucos

Been to Seaside Motel? Share your experiences!