“Cute, Cute, Cute, Loved It”
Review of Seaside Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Cayucos
Seaside Motel
Ranked #2 of 10 Hotels in Cayucos
Kauai, hawaii
“Cute, Cute, Cute, Loved It”
Reviewed March 17, 2009

Was told about this hotel by a friend, and it is absolutely adorable! We stayed in the Tea for 2 Room. Apparently all rooms are themed. How cute is that?! Our room had a King Bed, TV and DVD player. The heater worked wonders and the sheets and comforter was so so comfortable. Loved the Room, the service, and the garden. In the garden area there is a BBQ and ocean view.
The Owners, Rick and Rebecca were ever so helpful. As soon as you step into the office you can feel they put there heart and soul into this motel.
Small and Cozy, would mos def stay again.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
Fresno, California
Reviewed March 14, 2009

Cayucos is filled with little old motels without much to distinguish them, but the devotion that Rebecca and Rick have obviously shown to this little old motel make it a real standout. It's one block from an entrance to the beach, one block from Cayucos' best restaurant and one block from the best place for morning coffee in town. Each meticulously cleaned and maintained room has its own theme (tea for two, purple haze, ramblin' rose, etc.) and is decorated and stocked with tchotchkes for the theme. The gardens are gorgeous and the owners obviously take pride in their maintenance. Don't try to book it using the online services, but do make the telephone call to book a room when travelling to the central coast.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple
amherst
Reviewed February 25, 2009

Just returned from my first stay at Seaside where I spent a relaxing week and slept like a baby lulled to dreamland each night by the sound of the surf in suite #12. Seaside is a one -of-a kind place, a labor of love by the owners Rick and Rebecca who live onsite and know every inch of their property inside and out.
My room had a kitchenette complete with everything I needed right down to the smallest detail. Besides being spotless, it was also cozy and artistically themed. Before my week was over I managed a peak into all the rooms and found them to be equally inviting.
A perfect base to explore Cayucos, head north or south or inland. Or just drift away sunning in the midst of Rebecca's flower filled garden. I'll be back....

• Stayed February 2009, traveled solo
England
Reviewed October 17, 2008

Great place, we stayed in the Fish Fantasy room which was even nicer than the pictures on the website. Room was very clean and had everything we needed. Very convenient location for the beach and places to eat.

• Liked — The way the rooms were decorated
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled as a couple
Salt Lake Ctiy
Reviewed September 30, 2008

This is a secret I hate to give out. This is a little piece of paradise. We have been staying with Rick and Rebecca for about 15 years. When we pull up it is just like coming home everytime. Wonderful clean decorated rooms. The garden is my favorite place for a cup of coffee in the morning or an afternoon drink. The beach is just around the corner and you can hear the sea lions at night. The waves break and gently whisk you to sleep. I just don't like sharing but this is a little piece of Heaven. I hope it will be there forever... MJ-Salt Lake City,UT

• Liked — It is my home away from home.
  • Disliked — It is a 15 hour drive for me. I wish it was closer.
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
London
Reviewed September 28, 2008

This motel is obviously a labour of love for its owners!

Rooms are individually decorated - our room, 'Fish Fantasy', was - as suggested - full of fish: stuffed fish pillow, painted fish on the walls, ornamental fish, flying fish mobile, fish on the water glasses, you name it! Definitely more kitsch and cluttered than my normal taste, but fun for a night and nice to stay somewhere with character. Room was small but very clean and cosy.

Owners were nice - obviously very proud of their baseball star son!

Beach is 5 mins walk away.

Town is small and sleepy (we were out of main season) - worth trying Hoppe Garden Bistro if you fancy some good food other than normal seaside fare - surprisingly gourmet and very reasonably priced.

• Stayed September 2008, traveled as a couple
Fresno, California
Reviewed September 3, 2008

When I want a place to enjoy the comforts of home, but none of the hassels, I choose the Seaside Motel in Cayucos. This is a place where I can relax with a book in the garden, walk along the beach, wander through local antique shops, eat at delightful local restaurants, and sleep till noon if I want. I often bring an armload of paperwork and my computer and find myself willing to tackle those work projects that tend to be set aside when I am in my office. And, when I feel like venturing out, there are wonderful tourist sites within driving distance for day trips.

Owners Rick and Rebecca Roquet treat all their guests like they have welcomed you into their home, which indeed they have as they live on the property. Every guest room has been personally decorated with a theme that is homespun and comfortable.

If you are a person who enjoys the simple pleasures in life, you will find yourself coming back year after year, as I do.

• Liked — Friendly Service
  • Disliked — No Ocean View
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled with friends
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cayucos
Cayucos Shoreline Inn...on the beach
#9 of 29 in Morro Bay
Cayucos Beach Inn
Cayucos Beach Inn
#3 of 10 in Cayucos

Been to Seaside Motel? Share your experiences!