“Second visit to Seaside”
Review of Seaside Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Cayucos
Seaside Motel
Ranked #2 of 10 Hotels in Cayucos
Reviewed November 23, 2012

My wife and I came back for a second visit to Cayucos and to Seaside. Our visit the second time around was just as good as our previous visit! We stayed in the Seaside cottage, a room with a kitchenette (though we didn't use it), refrigerator, microwave, and a little dining table. This was a nice little room that you could fall sleep to the sound of the waves crashing onto the sand. Rick and Rebecca were their usual easy going and accommodating hosts. We asked for shampoo and were handed a couple of full size bottles to choose from. The garden is still as lovely as ever, beautifully kept, to go along with the serene settings here. This is definitely the place to be if you need some quiet R & R, to recharge and refresh. We will be back, for sure.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Seaside Motel

Reviewed November 12, 2012

On a first 2-night stop in Cayucos with my wife, we booked at the Seaside by phone from the UK and we could tell even from the booking experience that we had made the right choice. Can't add much to what everyone has already said - we shall return, and we wouldn't go anywhere else in the area ever again.

The owners know pretty much everything about how to please their guests, they work hard at it and they obviously enjoy it. Our room, which was quite large by the standards we expect of a small family motel, came with a fully functional kitchen, which was well equipped (in fact, the cabinets in the kitchen were so full of tableware, utensils etc. that it was difficult to find space to store the food we bought - but that is a very small point really).

One reviewer has said the room was a bit "girly"; I can see why, and we would describe it as positively kitsch! But that, along with the patio & garden, is part of the charm of the Seaside. Comfortable beds, too - very important, that. And very clean - even more important if you are fussy as we are.

We have nothing but praise for this simple, but delightful, little motel and its really pleasant, thoughtful and welcoming owners.

Room Tip: If you want a full kitchen, room #7 (a corner room) is recommended.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 22, 2012

Can only echo what others have said about this great little motel. We only stayed for one night on the way down to LA, but were made to feel like old friends by Rebecca (didn't meet Rick), who is a real character. Secure wi-fi in the room was good and the Mexican restaurant over the road was excellent and inexpensive.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 5, 2012

This was my 2nd getaway to CAYUCOS. It's about a 3.5hr drive from Los Angeles, and I needed to get away from a heat wave for 3 nites. I arrived around 2pm and my room was ready-the same room I had in 2011.
The rooms are a little "girly" for guys-each w/a different 'theme', but the rate was great! The bathroom was clean, kitchen stocked REALLY WELL with utensiles & plates and the bed comfortable. It's just 2-3 min walk to the beach or pier.
There's an ITALIAN-MEXICAN restaurant across the street and I tried the Lasagne...WAY over cooked.
The owners Rich and Rebecca do most of-if not all the work around the place & put a LOT of effort keeping it clean and looking good for their guests.
There's a patio in the back w/ table, chairs, benches, a small lawn. The BEST thing, was that I told them I would be using the BBQ grill in the patio one nite, and they had it cleaned & stocked with charcoal & matches...I had brought my own with me so, I was really REALLY impressed with their thoughtfullness..
Hoping to go back soon (I Left 2 of my own knives there & hope they'll be there when I go back)
The can be heavily booked during the summer.... & the rates are higher...

Room Tip: They have a webpage which shows all the rooms... Check there to see what U need... No AC since it...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed October 4, 2012

We were so incredibly blessed to stumble upon this lovely little gem in Cayucos where we went to celebrate our 33rd wedding anniversary. From my first email of inquiry, to my signing of our check-out bill, Rick and Rebecca made this absolutely the BEST anniversary trip we have EVER taken. Our room was sparkling clean and comfortable and the garden where we bbq'd our dinner was spectacular. Gorgeous flowers and ambiance oozing out of every nook and cranny. Seriously, I posted pics of the garden on Instagram and EVERYONE wanted to know where I was! It's that lovely. Rick and Rebecca stay quietly behind the scenes providing excellent customer service and giving you all the space and alone time you want. However, if you are inclined to ask recommendations for ANYTHING, they are happy to help and gave us invaluable advice about mountain biking, meals and maps of the entire town! We definitely WILL be returning to the Seaside Motel!

Room Tip: Take a recommendation from the owners! You can't go wrong. There are only 12 rooms and eachis...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 25, 2012

I give this review an "Excellent" because of the price and quality. The room was cute - had all amenities that normal hotel rooms have - comfortable bed, coffee maker, tables, lamps, towels, soap, etc. The extra feature is that all rooms are themed - we had the fish room - which adds a more unique and personal feel to the place. We went in September when tourist season is low - very empty small town. Not much choice by means of accommodations but the family-run Seaside is great. In particular, the price we paid for (per person) was cheaper than a dingy hostel in San Francisco. Plus, this town is on the coast with a beautiful pier. It is also host to the best brown butter cookie store ever.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 18, 2012

I was looking for somewhere I could just get away for a night and relax. I live and work in Paso Robles, just 40 minutes away inland. Wow!! I stayed in the "Fish Fantasy" room. It was small but very cozy. Clean, bright and tastefully decorated. The bed was so comfy. I had my first good nights sleep in a while. Sitting in the garden, you can hear the waves breaking on the beach and the icing on the cake, you can hear the barking seals. .I will most definitely be back!! Thank you, Rebecca and Rick. You are awesome hosts.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cayucos
Cayucos Shoreline Inn...on the beach
#9 of 29 in Morro Bay
Cayucos Beach Inn
Cayucos Beach Inn
#3 of 10 in Cayucos

Been to Seaside Motel? Share your experiences!