“Wonderful Staff & Great Stay"”
Review of Cayucos Beach Inn

Cayucos Beach Inn
Ranked #3 of 10 Hotels in Cayucos
Reviewed October 22, 2009

We stayed at the Beach Inn instead of our usual stay in Pismo. We had just got a shelter dog and have two small children. The manager, John was wonderful. From the moment we checked in we were treted wonderfully! My daughter smashed her finger at dinner and when we got back to the hotel he heard her crying he was quick to bring her an ice cream. THe rooms were clean. Great place to stay with kids and animals! would go back again!!

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank centralcalfamily

Reviewed September 14, 2009

I wanted to give this motel 5 stars, but couldn't because of one issue. We had a rental confirmation for a room with a King Size Bed. We were given a room with two Queen Size Beds.
Our room was large, clean and comfortable. We were concerned that because the motel is "pet friendly" there would be pet odors in the room, but our fear was unfounded. There was no smell of dogs anywhere inside the room.
Outside the room was another story though. The motel goes out of their way to provide a separate grassy area with a fire hydrant, doggy bath, and pooper-scoopers for the animals use. However we observed numerous pet owners let their dogs run loose to poop in the BBQ pit and picnic tables area rather than use the designated grass area for dogs. I didn't see anyone use a pooper-scooper to clean up after their dogs.
The room had a small refrigerator, microwave oven, ceiling fan and double sinks which were a nice touch. The remote control for the t.v. didn't work, but that was a non-issue since we didn't go to the coast to watch t.v.
We rented the room thru Hotels.com at a rate which was $45.00 a night less than the other websites offered. Overall, this is a very nice motel and we plan to stay there again.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank chuckg2
Reviewed September 4, 2009

I live 30 miles away in Paso Robles and wanted to escape the terrible heat and have some fun. I had been to the Cayucos Beach Inn once before so I decided to visit again.
I'm SO glad I did. I just got home and have nothing but great things to say about my stay.
The rooms are huge and VERY clean. I feel really comfortable there. My dogs, three gigantic Labs, were welcomed with treats, blankets and doggie towels. The rooms have a dvd player, fridge, microwave, wet bar, coffee bar, tons of towels and lovely Neutrogena bath supplies. Continental breakfast is supplied with cereals, bagels & cream cheese, breads, fruit, juice, milk, tea and coffee. Outside there are BBQ's and lots of lounge chairs to relax in.
The Sea Shanty restaurant is right across the street and there's a new place for pizza; The Cayucos Beach Bakery and Deli. I had a pizza delivered and it was super TASTY and priced right. There's a market and liquor store real close by too.
And now...the beach! It's a short, pleasant walk down to the beach where we saw pelicans diving, gorgeous starfish and sea anenomes at low tide, and lots of dogs playing in the surf...off-leash. Everyone in Cayucos is so friendly; staff, locals and tourists alike. I am relaxed and refreshed after my trip to Cayucos & Cayucos Beach Inn..... I can't wait to go again! It's a very peaceful place to visit.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled solo
3  Thank LoveMeDogs
Reviewed August 11, 2009

Wanted a place in Cayucos, didn't bring our pets but would next time, found this place to be incredible! Clean, friendly, right in town. I'd definitely recommend staying there!

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with family
2  Thank hismile64
Reviewed May 5, 2009

This motel goes far beyond what I envision when staying at a motel. Our room was large, airy, exceptionally clean and well-equipped. We could not believe the excellent rates which included a basic continental breakfast. It far exceeded our expectations and we highly recommend it as excellent overnight accommodation.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled as a couple
3  Thank LolaaCanada
Reviewed April 14, 2009

We stayed 4 nights at this family and pet friendly hotel. It was very clean. The rooms were large and well stocked with towels, toiletries, coffee, JellyBellies. You can rent a movie at the front desk for $1. Each morning there is a substantial continental breakfast with lots of fresh fruit. The office had blankets and towels for the dog. There was a dog area that included a fire hydrant, grass, gravel, a dog pen, a dog washing tub and hose. The staff was friendly and helpful. Everything in the town is within walking distance. Our dog was in heaven and we enjoyed staying at such a well run hotel.

Our stay was over the Easter weekend. The hotel provided (for free!): egg dying, pictures with the Easter Bunny, arts and crafts, lots of snacks, stuffed animals, visors, goody bags, candy. This event was open to the residents of the town as well as guests. It was over the top amazing. I'm sure I didn't even write down all that was provided. It was neat to see a business giving so much to their community. Great job Cayucos Beach Inn!

We would stay at this hotel again.

Stayed: April 2009, traveled with family
2  Thank mimishoe
Reviewed July 25, 2008

Have been staying at the Beach Inn for the past 5yrs and will continue to do so when in area. Rooms are good especially the suites, breakfast ok. Usually cold cereals, muffins bagels, fruit and selection of yogurts. Staff has always been courteous and helpful. Close to beach (1blk away) market right next door if need something to snack on. Sea shanty right across the street and couple of other restaurants (Hoppes) a short walk away.
If need to find other shopping or restaurants, Cambria about 12 mi's away going north and Morro Bay about 6 mi's away going south. This is a pet friendly inn and staff gives you towels or blankets when signing in. All in all, good place to stay!

• Stayed: April 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
1  Thank anon00000000009
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cayucos
Cayucos Shoreline Inn...on the beach
#6 of 12 in Cambria
Bayfront Inn
Bayfront Inn
#15 of 29 in Morro Bay

Been to Cayucos Beach Inn? Share your experiences!