WINNER WONDERLAND

Ranked #3 of 10 Hotels in Cayucos
Alta Loma, California
“nice but unprofessional”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 21, 2014

We stayed at the Cayucos Beach for the second time from Sunday June 1st to Tuesday June 3rd 2014. We had stayed there the previous year and were satisfied with the service and location. This time was different.
One of the window covers fell off the supporting frame and onto my son’s computer. The window had been left open only around an inch, and we determined possibly a breeze blew it off the frame it was sitting on. There was nothing to secure the cover to the frame. I was able to set the cover on the frame, jiggle it and cause it to fall off. The cover is around four feet long by two feet high and weighs approximately 20 pounds. This could have fallen off and possibly injured someone.
I took photographs of the cover, frame, and my sons lap top showing the damage to his screen. I also took a photo of the locations of the fallen cover and the laptop after the cover had landed on it, which knocked it off the table and onto the floor. I had to pick up the computer and window cover to inspect the damage, and then I put it back where it landed to take the photograph.

This happened Tuesday June 3rd around 2:00 AM. The noise was loud enough to wake me from sleep. I waited until the next morning and went to the front desk to tell the desk clerk, which I was later informed by my wife is one of the owners.

The owner did not want to see the fallen window cover, or the damage to my son’s computer. Her response was that since she was not there when it happened, nothing could be done. All she could offer me was an apology. Needless to say I was taken aback. Now I have my son’s computer that was damaged by a window cover that was not properly or safely secured, and the owner of the establishment where it happened that basically wanted nothing to do with it.

I have friends who also enjoy the pleasant ambience of Cayucos, and I have told them of this incident. I am also sending this letter to Consumer Affairs and possibly other agencies.

The money for the computer repairs is not the issue, It is that the situation was handled in such an unprofessional manner, without so much as a brief inspection by the owner of the damage.

Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
Chico, California, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2014

We just visited Cayucos for a Cal Poly graduation and were so pleasantly surprised by the cleaniness and friendlyness of this little hotel! The room has laminate floors which I haven't seen before but was a great choice for a variety of reasons, not the least of which is that we took our "Girls" with us! The hotel has a little "potty" area complete with fire hydrant, dog wash and hose for washing their 4 little feet. Most of the guests also seem to have friendly little 4 legged creatures and all were polite, said hello and exchanged "sniffs"!!
Loved the location across the street from great restaurant- Sea Shanty- community park and beach access. We could easily walk to "town" for a cup of coffee or beer.
Breaksfast wasn't great, but its an easy walk to Top Dog Coffee!
Loved Cayucos, will defintely stay here again. If you love your 4 legged friends as much as your children you'll appreciate the this special town and hotel..

Room Tip: Downstairs was easy and you can park right in front of your room!
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Becky P
super8lindsay, Manager at Cayucos Beach Inn, responded to this review, June 21, 2014
We are so glad you enjoyed your stay! Thanks for coming to visit us year after year. We will see you soon!
San Diego, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 15, 2014

This was our (my girl friend and two dogs) fourth return visit. The rooms are decorated and maintained to a high standard. The location is at the south end of the town, just a short walk (or 2 minute drive) to the shops and restaurants. There is a small park just across the street which is very convenient for walking the dogs. Our trip to Cayucos is an annual affair and we will always return to this property.

Room Tip: The suites provide extra room that make your stay all the nicer.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Don L
Dorking, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 6, 2014

This is the second time my wife and i have stayed here, and we weren't disappointed, the hotel is a very short walk from the centre of Cayucos, but worth it, the rooms were very large, fully equipped, and the breakfast was the sort of good basic food as you would expect from a facility this size. Everything was clean and the staff are very friendly, so we can't really fault it.

We have stayed at a couple of the other hotels/motels in Cayucos (not all of them) but this is in our opinion by far the best one which we have visited, i wouldn't hesitate to recommend this to anyone, the only thing it's missing is a pool but you can't have everything!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank John L
super8lindsay, Manager at Cayucos Beach Inn, responded to this review, June 7, 2014
Thanks for stopping by again. We are so glad you enjoyed your stay. We hope to see you again soon!
Bakersfield, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 4, 2014

Our room was very clean and spacious. Good location, easy walk to many local restaurants. Would stay here again. We didn't have our dog with us, but dog friendly. We will bring our dog next time. There is a great off leash dog beach very close by.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank kimmbearly
Thanks for taking time out of your busy day to write an amazing review. We are so glad you enjoyed your stay. We'll see you soon!
Ridgecrest, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2014

What a great little motel!!! The rooms rates are very reasonable, and the location is right in the thick of things, so you can walk everywhere. The rooms are extremely clean, the beds were SO comfy, and the little kitchenette was perfect for leftovers. If you travel with your dog(s), this motel has no size limit, so our great dane is welcome for a $10 fee per day. I highly recommend this motel.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Tracey93555
Thanks for coming and staying with us. We are glad you enjoyed your stay. We hope to see you soon!
Fresno, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2014

A very nice hotel and room. Great for the area and price was good too. We will definitely go back. I love Cayucos and I have not stayed at this hotel before. It is a newer hotel almost look like condos. I thought they would be too high of price but to my surprise they are very affordable. They have tables outside of the rooms up stairs to enjoy the view. There is also a park set up with barbecue grills for use. I do not have animals, but it appeared to be a pet friendly environment.

Room Tip: They have suites that are about the same price. Be sure you call and ask.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank LisaNeufeld
Thanks for taking time out of your day to write this amazing review. We love hearing from our guests. We are glad you enjoyed your stay and we'll see you soon.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cayucos
Cayucos Shoreline Inn...on the beach
#6 of 12 in Cambria
Cayucos Sunset Inn
Cayucos Sunset Inn
#1 of 6 in Cayucos

Been to Cayucos Beach Inn? Share your experiences!