“Nice hotel for families”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Cayucos Beach Inn

Cayucos Beach Inn
Ranked #3 of 10 Hotels in Cayucos
Central Californa
“Nice hotel for families”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2011

We liked the large size of the double queen room for the 5 of us. We also liked the bbq facility and the closeness to the beach so the kids could walk there together. Nice people running the hotel too. We are; not crazy about having a room after somebody has been in it with their dogs tho.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
Modesto, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2011

Walk thru park to the beach and overlook. Very pet friendly which is good as Cayucos seems to have as many dogs as residents. Very friendly town they don't just seem to be just out for your dollars. We'll be back...

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Pasadena, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2011

If you want privacy Cayucos Beach Inn is not the place to go the walls were so thin we could hear folks in the next room talking, coughing, ...well you get the picture.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank PasadenaTravelernow
Bakersfield, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 30, 2011

This hotel offered not only a dog friendly atmosphere (with two grass areas and poop pick-up bags) at only an additional $10/ night, but also has a bbq pit out front with the slogan "we'll clean up". The room we stayed in had a front room that had the feel of your own apartment with a sink, mini fridge, television, couch, desk and dining table.
The king size bed had a pillow top mattress and a second television in the bedroom.
There is a breakfast offered in the mornings and $1 dvd rentals at the front desk. I could not have been happier with our stay. We will definitely return.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
Fresno, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 20, 2011

We wandered here after having arrived in Cayucos with our original reservations lost. We were treated kindly and expeditiously and they were able to accommodate our needs without any problems. The facility was clean and quiet, easy access to town and the beach. We will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with family
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 16, 2011

The staff can't be any nicer or more accommodating. They even greeted us with a oh you stayed with us a few months ago when we made the reservation! Rooms are clean and have refrigerator, microwave, and coffee pot. Located short walk from beach. Highly recommend to travelers with or without dogs!

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
Fresno, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 7, 2010

I booked a month ahead of time to spend time with my son on the coast. when I booked I was told that there is a 3 day minimum, I accepted and booked for Thursday, Friday & Saturday. Thursday was fine but come Friday around 11:00 am I came back to my room and found that the key card did not work. I went to the office and asked why, they explained that I only had a one night booking. I asked about the three day minimum and the desk clerk (owner) told me that sometimes there are cancellations & that is how I got a room... I explained that I had not booked late but a month ahead. Then I was told that there was no room for me for Friday but he could get me a room for Saturday. Tell me, where am I suppose to stay for and in-between night with dogs? This explanation and service was shabby at best and the owner seemed to have no regrets. We had no choice but to return home on Friday while canceling all of our weekend activities with family. The hotel is good for dogs but it seems that the guests are treated like dogs

I will never stay there again, customer service was some of the worse that I have ever experienced. I have not decided at this point if I will peruse action, I am sure that if I had decided to leave early with a three day commitment that there would be some sort of penalty for cancellation.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Amglo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cayucos
Cayucos Shoreline Inn...on the beach
Cavalier Oceanfront Resort
Cavalier Oceanfront Resort
#1 of 10 in San Simeon
4.5 of 5 bubbles 2,609 reviews

Been to Cayucos Beach Inn? Share your experiences!