“Amazing, pet-friendly deal”

Ranked #3 of 10 Hotels in Cayucos
Bakersfield, California
“Amazing, pet-friendly deal”
Reviewed March 30, 2011

This hotel offered not only a dog friendly atmosphere (with two grass areas and poop pick-up bags) at only an additional $10/ night, but also has a bbq pit out front with the slogan "we'll clean up". The room we stayed in had a front room that had the feel of your own apartment with a sink, mini fridge, television, couch, desk and dining table.
The king size bed had a pillow top mattress and a second television in the bedroom.
There is a breakfast offered in the mornings and $1 dvd rentals at the front desk. I could not have been happier with our stay. We will definitely return.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
Fresno, California
Reviewed February 20, 2011

We wandered here after having arrived in Cayucos with our original reservations lost. We were treated kindly and expeditiously and they were able to accommodate our needs without any problems. The facility was clean and quiet, easy access to town and the beach. We will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with family
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed January 16, 2011

The staff can't be any nicer or more accommodating. They even greeted us with a oh you stayed with us a few months ago when we made the reservation! Rooms are clean and have refrigerator, microwave, and coffee pot. Located short walk from beach. Highly recommend to travelers with or without dogs!

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
Fresno, California
Reviewed December 7, 2010

I booked a month ahead of time to spend time with my son on the coast. when I booked I was told that there is a 3 day minimum, I accepted and booked for Thursday, Friday & Saturday. Thursday was fine but come Friday around 11:00 am I came back to my room and found that the key card did not work. I went to the office and asked why, they explained that I only had a one night booking. I asked about the three day minimum and the desk clerk (owner) told me that sometimes there are cancellations & that is how I got a room... I explained that I had not booked late but a month ahead. Then I was told that there was no room for me for Friday but he could get me a room for Saturday. Tell me, where am I suppose to stay for and in-between night with dogs? This explanation and service was shabby at best and the owner seemed to have no regrets. We had no choice but to return home on Friday while canceling all of our weekend activities with family. The hotel is good for dogs but it seems that the guests are treated like dogs

I will never stay there again, customer service was some of the worse that I have ever experienced. I have not decided at this point if I will peruse action, I am sure that if I had decided to leave early with a three day commitment that there would be some sort of penalty for cancellation.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Amglo
Elk Grove, California
Reviewed October 21, 2010

I love the little town of Caycos. Friendly people, great beach, good food. The motel is just right.

Stayed October 2010, traveled with friends
El Dorado Hills, California
Reviewed October 8, 2010

We have been staying at the Cayucos Beach Inn for many years and it is always perfect! We bring our dogs and are welcomed by the staff with blankets and towels for them. Dog biscuits too! They offer an outdoor picnic area where you can BBQ, and even have supplies that you can use. We have stayed in a standard room and also a suite. The staff is very helpful and cleaning staff does an excellent job.
Always our "go-to" hotel in Cayucos!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
Ventura, California
Reviewed September 18, 2010

Found this place on Dogfriendly.com, because I'm always trying to find places near the beach where I can bring my mutts. I was really pleased with Cayucos Beach Inn, and not just because they're so dog friendly. Good value, AMAZING location, clean rooms, friendly service, quiet neighborhood. The continental breakfast has a variety of choices. I'll definitely go back.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled solo
2 Thank TrishV65
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cayucos
Cayucos Shoreline Inn...on the beach
Fireside Inn on Moonstone Beach
Cayucos Sunset Inn
Cayucos Sunset Inn
#1 of 6 in Cayucos

Been to Cayucos Beach Inn? Share your experiences!