“Sinfully addictive cookies”

Brown Butter Cookie Company
Ranked #1 of 2 Dessert in Cayucos
Reviewed March 16, 2013

These are the kind of unique cookies for which it is way too easy to develop lasting cravings. I have out-of-town friends who beg unashamedly for emergency care packages. This is especially the case with the original brown butter cookies--dense little shortbread morsels topped with sea salt with a very pronounced brown butter flavor. Other varieties flavoured with peanut butter, cocoa, coconut lime etc. just don't seem to provoke the same intensity of addictions. The cookies are not cheap, at a dollar for a small cookie, though there are discounts when purchased in two and three-dozen packs. On the plus side, the cost tends to help keep cookie consumption less than it would be if only greed prevailed:)

Reviewed March 15, 2013

Every time we walked past the Cookie Company, someone was offering us samples. Everyone was so friendly and the cookies were great! We bought some to ship home to family!

Reviewed March 7, 2013 via mobile

I was in Cayucos and my tour guide suggested cookies here. Apparently the place was put on the map by being Oprah-recommended. The original brown butter cookie was what I tried. They are buttery sugar cookies with a salty taste and really good. I had to look up how to make brown butter and I think I'll start cooking with it more.

Reviewed February 20, 2013

We were driving the coast and saw a billboard for this place and with in minutes we were making a pit stop for some cookies at 11am! This is a must stop for anyone driving though. The town is super cute and the cookies are to die for! We bought a bag of the original and a bag of the coconut lime. They have samples of all the flavors but you cant go wrong at this place. I am a cookie snob being a baker myself but this place ROCKS!

Reviewed February 19, 2013

In the quaint town of Cayucos is a wonderful baking company. I love walking in and being greeted by the friendly baking staff and aroma of cookies. Samples are plentiful so you have plenty of opportunity to decide on which is your favorite. The cookies seem to melt in your mouth which may be due to the brown butter. For those who love the combination of sweet and salty, try the original brown butter cookie, you won't be disappointed!