“We loved this B&B”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Catheys Valley
Rancho Bernardo Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Catheys Valley
Orange, California
“We loved this B&B”
Reviewed August 17, 2011

This was our first encounter with a Bed and Breakfast. The location is wonderful and the accommodations are 1st class. The owners, Kathy & Barney, are the dream couple for this business. Friendly, outgoing, and engaging; they were a joy to meet and hard to part with.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
California
Reviewed July 23, 2011

After a day trip at Yosemite we stayed at the Rancho Bernardo B&B. The room was outstanding. Set in a beautiful location on a ranch it seems like you have the entire place to yourself. As great as the room was, breakfast with Barney and Kathy was even better. Kathy is an amazing cook and we both were stuffed. Their company was even better than the food. They make you feel at home like you've known them for years. They love people, and their sense of humor is outstanding. I would come back in a flash and recommend this place to anyone. It is definitely worth the drive for a getaway.

Room Tip: We stayed at the room in the barn. We absolutely loved it.
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Williamsfield, Illinois
Reviewed December 27, 2010

What a beautiful CA country setting for a relaxing stay near Yosemite National Park! Make sure you come hungry to the gourmet breakfast that Kathleen prepares-it is such a treat. It was so enjoyable conversing around the table that we almost forgot that we needed to get going to see Yosemite. Please treat yourself to these wonderful accommodations and wonderful people!

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
Chico, CA
Reviewed March 8, 2010

My husband and I have very little chance to get away from it all and happened on Rancho Bernardo as a "leap of faith" choice from an internet search. It was amazing. We stayed in the barn room and enjoyed it so much that we plan on returning as soon as possible. The room was large, comfortable, and quiet. The bed was a joy to slip into after a busy day in Yosemite, with its down matress and fluffy down comforter. It was like sleeping in a cloud. As great as the room itself was, it failed in comparison to the wonderful hosts. Kathleen and Barney were gracious and welcoming and the food was incredible. Don't plan for lunch after they've fed you breakfast... you won't need it. All of that and the rustic beauty of a ranch... It was perfect...

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
Boston
Reviewed November 17, 2009

We travelled in a group of six friends (from Germany - so please excuse some mistakes, that I might make) and rented the "Guesthouse". You have to know, that there is only one bathroom in that house, but I think among friends, there isn't a problem with that. It is a very clean, comforting and relaxing house. Kathy and Barney are very welcoming and caring hosts. Kathy's breakfast is amazing, huge and delicious and the ranch is beautiful. The ranch's beauty together with Barney's pictures and stories made us imagine the cowboys, who once might have been living there.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with friends
Nevada
Reviewed September 18, 2006

My husband and I booked a white water rafting trip down the Merced River when planning our trip to Yosemite in July. I searched the internet and found Rancho Bernardo B&B. What a find. We began staying at B&B's two years ago, and Rancho Bernardo has been our favorite yet. We booked the Barn Suite and to our surprise, it really was in the barn! We loved it. The room was clean, quiet and very comfortable. The cleanest barn I've ever seen! Kathy and Barney are wonderful hosts. Kathy is a marvelous cook and hostess. The breakfasts and hospitality cannot be beat. The day we were leaving, Barney asked if we had seen his tackroom. He said it was the room across from the barn suite. We went to check it out. If I hadn't seen the saddles, I would have thought I had opened the wrong door. Let me just say it was the most stylin' tack room I'd ever seen; complete with a leather sofa! I wish I had seen it the first day, because I would have loved for Barney to elaborate on his old wranglin' days. I thought his hobby was golf! I only hope we have another opportunity to return to Kathy and Barney's in the future. I would highly recommend taking the rafting trip down the Merced, visiting Yosemite Nat'l Park and staying at Rancho Bernardo while you're doing it. Thank you Kathy and Barney for sharing your lovely home with us.

Stayed July 2006, traveled as a couple
Sacramento, CA
Reviewed September 7, 2006

I don't know of a quieter, more peaceful place anywhere than Rancho Bernardo. Except at breakfast time when we all laughed so hard we must have scared the animals. I don't believe I have ever spent three hours at a meal in my life, but that was a wonderful three hours, indeed. The accommodations are outstanding and we lacked absolutely nothing. We've been there three times now and you can bet we'll be back again and again.

• Liked — Kathleen and Barney Lozares
  • Disliked — That I had to go back home again after our stay
  • Tips/Secrets — Tell all your nice friends, but don't let any creeps know about the place.
  • Stayed April 2006, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Catheys Valley
Mariposa Lodge
Mariposa Lodge
#3 of 6 in Mariposa
Best Western Plus Yosemite Way Station Motel

Been to Rancho Bernardo Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!