“Road trip”

El Portal Restaurant
Ranked #24 of 133 Restaurants in Cathedral City
Cuisines: Mexican, Latin, Spanish
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
“Road trip”
Reviewed May 24, 2014 via mobile

Omg let me tell you this place is a hidden gem the food was freash a delicious the chili reano was wonderful probably my best top 5 this is so worthy of a road trip if your not a local

Astoria, Oregon
“Authentic and great.”
Reviewed March 18, 2014 via mobile

Extra friendly service, authentic mexican menu, great food. Found this place by accident while looking for a different restaurant, but now will be coming back to this one for sure!

Visited March 2014
2 Thank Barbara P
San Diego
“They take pride”
Reviewed January 26, 2014

We were on our way home and decided to pop in for breakfast. The place is very clean, quiet, and inviting. Cindy was our server and she too was very nice and friendly. I lived for ten years in Mexico so I'd like to say that I know good Mexican food. At other Mexican restaurants, I usually get Huevos Rancheros and, unfortunately, I am highly disappointed. I asked our server if the salsa was from a jar. She almost seemed a bit offended and she told me that they make all their salsas fresh. I figured I'd give their Huevos Rancheros a whirl. When it came out, it was hot, so were the tortillas. The salsa was indeed fresh and had wonderful taste. My wife had the eggs with chorizo which were also very good. I would recommend El Portal to anyone coming to Cathedral City or Palm Springs. I'll be back.

• Visited January 2014
2 Thank adnval
CENTRAL POINT
“Consistently Excellent”
Reviewed January 5, 2014

A year ago we drove past this restaurant several times and noticed the signs for $1.00 tacos. We decided to try it and had a wonderful meal. We returned several times for other great values on the menu. On one occasion the owner served us and told us about is restaurant. Once again we were in the area and took some friends for a quick lunch. We were again rewarded with a great meal. This is an oasis in desert.

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank Alvin W
Prescott, Arizona
“Great Experience!”
Reviewed December 10, 2013 via mobile

Met Victor the owner. Extremely accommodating. Gave us sample of his Margaritas. Killer Margaritas - huge and rimmed with a slice of orange & chili flakes.... awesome! Don't miss out on trying Victor's spicy tequilla. So we decided to stay for lunch after stopping to just see the menu. Homemade corn & flour tortillas. Best Mole we have had! Guacamole was awesome with huge chunks of avocado. Everything here is homemade so you can't go wrong. Took some friends for a second night for us and our friends will definitely be back too.

Visited December 2013