“Mid week getaway to PS”

Cathedral City Travelodge
Cathedral City Travelodge
Ranked #7 of 7 Hotels in Cathedral City

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
woodstock ga
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 8, 2013

This was my third time back at this Travelodge and everything, as always was GREAT. Large poolside room with very handy microwave and frig. Housekeepers and desk staff were more than accomodating of my needs. Can't say enough good things about this Travelodge. Best is the very convenient location, across from Boomers, Trader Joes and Target and within walking distance of several very good, fairly priced restaurants. I'll be back again soon.

Room Tip: Try to get a room close to the pool, spa and waterfall.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Huntington Beach, California, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013

I could not believe the rudeness of the old guy who was managing this place. I had paid for my room thru Expedia and when I went to check in, at 1:30 I was told the room was not ready and would not be ready until three, I said OK I'll be back. I came back at 2:30 and he said very sternly "I told you no checking until 3:00" I said " I guess hat review I read was correct that this hotel is weird about check in time. He told me " you can just go write one too, I am canceling your reservation"
The whole property looked to be going broke. The restaurant was boarded up with weed growing all over it

Room Tip: Go somewhere else
Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
6 Thank Don G
Miguel M, Manager at Cathedral City Travelodge, responded to this review, September 7, 2013
We're sorry that this guest had an unpleasant experience, however his timeline, per our security cameras, is way off the facts. This guest initially attempted to check-in at 8:00am, on a morning when we had been sold out the previous night. With check-out at 11:00am, no rooms were available until mid-afternoon. This did not suit his schedule and he became loud and abusive DEMANDING to be checked into a room IMMEDIATELY. At that point , he was given the option of either waiting until 3:00pm to check-in or we would, in order to accomodate his schedule, cancel the reservation, which he chose to do. We cannot check a guest into a room that is occupied, no matter the travelers schedule. Our hotel policy is CHECK-IN 3:00PM; CHECK-OUT 11:00AM.

Travelers are raving about these Cathedral City hotels

Newport Beach
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2013

As always every effort was made to make my stay as comfortable as possible. Everyone on staff is very helpful. The room was ready when I checked in and my stay was perfect.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge

Tustin
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 4, 2013

I will stay at Travel lodge again , however not at this location, because of greedy owner. I got sick from the 3 hours drive and we ask him if he can let us in the room if they were any clean rooms he said &20.00 extra . All other places we stay in the same area if they have clean rooms they let you in & never charged extra sometimes as early 3 hours. I will stay at Travel lodge again but not at the same location with the chep , money greedy owner Asian owner.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge

2 Thank Ronald Y
Miguel M, Guest Relations Manager at Cathedral City Travelodge, responded to this review, June 6, 2013
We take all guest concerns seriously, however, reviews that are 1)false and 2) racist MUST be addressed immediately. We have contacted this guest and attempted to set the record straight. First, the guests arrived at the hotel and checked in at 12:11PM, THREE HOURS PRIOR TO CHECK-IN, NOT ONE HOUR. If they did not want to pay for an early check-in (on a sold out saturday in the valley) they had the option of either seeking accomodations elsewhere or waiting until 3:00PM. They mentioned they had spent the night in a casino and were tired, unfortunately that is not a valid reason to waive the early check-in fee. As to their racist comments, this tells us who they are. They state they would not return to us, truth be told, the sentiment is mutual.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cathedral City
Holiday Inn Express Cathedral City (Palm Springs)
Vagabond Inn Palm Springs
Motel 6 Palm Springs - Rancho Mirage
Plaza Resort and Spa
Plaza Resort and Spa
#52 of 71 in Palm Springs

Been to Cathedral City Travelodge? Share your experiences!