All reviews clothing optional resort gay hotel nature walk housekeeping staff shapes and sizes repeat customers his partner lots of fun palm springs hot tub stayed nights great pool great room clientele grounds tubs bathhouse
Reviewed June 1, 2010

I recently stayed at this resort for three nights because it was the only gay resort where I was able to find a room for memorial weekend. The place is old as most of the clients. It is a perfect place for those interested in mature men (65 and above). The room where I stayed, which was $200.00 per night ,was similar to Motel 6 rooms or worst. The TV control did not work. The carpet has not been replaced in probably the last 20 years or more. The staff appeared rude and uninterested. One morning for breakfast, they run out of milk. My last day, I got up excited because I was leaving that place. Instead of checking out at 11:00 am. I checked out at 8:30 am. .

Date of stay: June 2010
4  Thank Here555
Reviewed April 7, 2010

CCBC's owner is not an honest individual to do business with. We had an event there last year, June 2009. It's now April 2010 and he still has not settled up with us. He canceled our contract for this year and hijacked our event, after we booked the resort for him.
Rooms are okay, not the cleanest. Staff is surly, on a good day, normally just outright bothered by your presence. They don't seem to be too concerned about the condition of the facilities. Their primary concern is your money at the door.

Date of stay: June 2009
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
6  Thank dontaskdonttell
Reviewed April 1, 2010

I stayed for a week to celebrate my birthday (check out their special deals -- got one free night for the length of my stay and a second for my birthday). The grounds are gorgeous, the pool and two hot tubs relaxing, and the guests (both locals and out-of-towners) were for the most part friendly and chatty, and a much more varied group than I expected.

The rooms are basic but comfortable, with the shower and toilet working fine, the refridgerator cold and quiet, and the bed comfortable. Lots of storage space, though could use more hangers. The courtesy robes are a very nice touch. The room was clean; the towels plentiful. No, none of it is luxury, but it is all most welcoming.

Minor complaints: the television remote was wonky, the free lunch was a bit scarey, and the breakfast might stay around a little later. And the pillows might be a bit larger and fuller.

As to the sexual atmosphere -- 24 hours of hot.

Date of stay: March 2010
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
2  Thank BartGNYC
Reviewed February 1, 2010

Like so many others I found the owner downright nasty. Plumbing in room either not working or dripping upon arrival. Added on resort fee which I was not informed of. Public facilites were a disgrace - filthy and outdated. Of all the gay resorts in Palm Springs I have stayed at this is at the bottom if even there.

Date of stay: January 2010
5  Thank Beenthere008
Reviewed December 3, 2009

Great place to play but not to stay. I found BED BUGS (yuck) in the hospital folds of my bed sheets. Make sure you look for these critters if staying there. Better yet, stay at another hotel and get a CCBC day pass

Date of stay: September 2009