I normally visit CCBC once a year or so and stayed four nights last week. My big complaint this time was that the pool water was just completely GROSS. It is warm, super salty, cloudy and over saturated with chemicals... to the point where you need to shower off after you get out. I asked the maintenance people about it and they gave excuses about how hard it was to keep clean because people use it. I asked if it was a salt water pool and the maintenance man said no, it's not. I asked why it was so salty then? He said after a while pool water gets salty. NO NO NO NO. They need to just bite the bullet and start with fresh water in that pool, it's gross. Every other resort in the world manages to keep clean clear water in their pool. They need to get new maintenance people and/or a new filter system, especially considering that they are charging high-end prices for this resort and that pool is the center-piece of the property. It was sad sunning on a lounge chair looking into that murky pool. Just drain the damn thing and start over CCBC!
Other than that, the room was nice, beds were comfortable and the grounds were okay as usual with that big expanse of lawn, playrooms, "nature walk" etc... Although they finally gave up on maintaining the steam room, as it's completely broken, shut off and gross.
The pool really ruined it for us... for those prices I won't be staying there again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- CCBC is the largest clothing-optional gay men's resort in southern California. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Priceline and Hotwire so you can book your CCBC Resort Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ccbc Hotel Cathedral City
- CCBC Resort Hotel Cathedral City, California Desert, CA