“Awesome weekend”

CCBC Resort Hotel
Los Angeles, California, United States
“Awesome weekend”
Reviewed May 18, 2013

Had an amazing weekend at this resort. I will always come back here every time I visit Palm Springs. Thank you Richard (the owner) for your hospitality. I love the pool, the two Jacuzzi and the grounds. The staff is very nice and friendly and very well located close to restaurants, bars, stores, banks and a movie theater. Love it!
Robby Mendez

Room Tip: Stay on suite 20 :)
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Robby M

Families
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed May 9, 2013

I was at CBCC this past weekend for the Robby Mendez Pool Party and had an excellent time!!! Being right at the base of the mountains, yet near the 111, the resort is both centrally located, and feels like a getaway. The relaxed atmosphere, yet exciting vibe and great DJ made it a party not to forget!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank Peter K
Phoenix AZ
Reviewed April 29, 2013

I recently spent 2 nights at CCBC after a long absence due to the rudeness of the staff.
The new Manager has certainly improved the service and courtesy of the staff. The resort has gone thru some improvements and they were well needed.
Joseph at the front desk handled my over the phone reservation and was most helpful courteous and kind. Good to see that Bodine is still there keeping a clean house.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank GolightlyPHX
Pasadena, California
Reviewed April 26, 2013

I was there the end of March, the week before White Party.

I started staying at CCBC when my favorite gay hotel in PS closed and the owners recommended CCBC as the place where there is something (someone) for everyone. The first time I was there I had a GRRRRREAT time. People were friendly, the size of the place was awesome, places to play off the "Nature Walk" and the waterfall, as well as the playrooms in the back. The best thing was that a lot of locals come in to spend the day or the evening. I met a lot of locals who pay a small price to spend the day. There were so many types of hot men I didn't know where to look first.

I just came back from my latest trip there, my 10th or 11th time. I was there on a weekend in March. I felt like I was coming home. The staff remembered me, from the front desk to the maintenance staff. Everyone was helpful and friendly. The place looked great, there was new tile on the floor in my room and they were working on some other rooms as well. The people were friendly and I had a really good time. The pool and the hot tubs were clean and active and the steam room was spotless, they clean it twice a day.

There was a contest being held for Mr. Nude Palm Springs, or something like that. The contestants were HOT! I wish I had been a judge. I'd still be deciding LOL.

Can't wait to go back again Fathers Day Weekend, when I can compete in the Mr Nude Daddy contest.

I love that place and you will too!

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the section east of the office, they are quieter and close to the pool.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
3 Thank bearrunningwild
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed April 23, 2013

We won't be back. The bf and I were here over Coachella weekend. The prices there were about the same for other hotels in the area during the festival, and we'd had a nice stay at Chaps Inn the day before. Why not try another clothing-optional resort?

The guy who helped us on check-in was very sweet and helpful. The room was underwhelming, to say the least. Extremely small and full of flies, we tried to make the most of it. Much like the rest of the resort itself, the bed had seen better years. We tried our best to enjoy a quick shower, but it alternated between scalding hot and freezing cold every 10 seconds. In their defense, another shower that evening was perfectly lukewarm throughout.

After the festival, we came home to roaches in the shower and mouse droppings all over our soap. How a mouse can climb up a slippery plastic shower wall to poop on my soap is beyond me, but these talented desert rats must know a thing or two.

We went for a look around the ground, as people do... Aside from a very nice, chatty, and mature tweaker, there was no one to be found. During the day, there were a couple dozen folks around, all in the 50+ range.

Upon checkout, I calmly gave the 2 men at the front desk a heads-up that the room we stayed in had roaches and mice. One of them said he wasn't surprised about the roaches, but mice? Enough said. If you're looking for a place to stay, spend 1/3 the price and stay at Motel 6. If you're looking for a place to play, get a day pass and come here during one of the parties. If you're looking for both, look elsewhere.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
6 Thank joyofsoy
Palm Springs, California
Reviewed December 5, 2012

CCBC's facilities are very attractive. Great poolside (clothing optional) sunbathing, jacuzzis, events, entertainment and, above all, a knock-out staff that anticipates your every need. Unique play spaces tick off lots of boxes...The best in the valley, hands down (or up!)

Room Tip: not a bad room in the resort. spend what you want.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank MagicTenor
Vancouver BC
Reviewed December 5, 2012

If you're looking for a place where you can be raunchy and let it hang out, this might be the place for you. Most definitely not the swankiest place in town, it is reasonably maintained and the staff is personable and patient, especially considering the sampling of the clientele which I witnessed.

I was disappointed that it felt like I was staying in a glorified bath house.

The grounds were clean enough with some interesting fountains and water features which were maintained and I enjoyed the steam sauna which got some good heat, but there was a terrible smell of sewage on the lower side of the property, which co-incidentally were where the "play rooms" were. Some of the clientele, when I arrived late at night, were walking around looking for a hookup. They were the same well sketched out folks who had been there since the afternoon and still looking.

However, this being a facility review, the sheets were clean on the soft old bed and the bathroom was clean-ish except for the black mold which was on the baseboards. It was an adequate stay, not counting the fact that the next morning happened to spot a couple of used bright yellow condoms under the bed sitting in a pile of dust. Not pretty, and somewhat revolting, in fact.

The staff were very friendly and accommodating and the breakfast in the a.m. was basic, but adequate. Would I stay here again? Most probably not. Would I recommend? Only as a last resort, pun not intended.

Room Tip: If you absolutely must stay here, ask for rooms away from the speakers on the higher elevation.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
6 Thank markoc99
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cathedral City
Holiday Inn Express Cathedral City (Palm Springs)
Vista Grande Resort - A Gay Mens Resort
INNdulge
INNdulge
#4 of 42 in Palm Springs
Motel 6 Palm Springs - Rancho Mirage
The Ritz-Carlton, Rancho Mirage
Welk Resort Palm Springs - Desert Oasis

Been to CCBC Resort Hotel? Share your experiences!