“Not As Good As Some Seem To Think”
2 of 5 bubbles Review of DISH - Creative Cuisine - MOVED

DISH - Creative Cuisine
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic
Description: At dish, we pride ourselves in creating new and exciting contemporary American cuisine with an emphasis and focus on flavor. We use exceptional ingredients including the best available local and organic products whenever possible. We believe that food should nurture not only the body, but the mind and spirit as well. Of primary importance to us is the dining experience of our guests. Our intimate dining room encourages the enjoyment of our modern cuisine, conversation and connection. Eating at dish is more than dinner. It is an experience.
Rancho Mirage, California
“Not As Good As Some Seem To Think”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 4, 2013

Way over priced for ovelyr complicated food. Four of us with a $60 bottle of wine was $350 with tip so expect to pay. The little tidbits along the way are interesting and fun which make the meal interesting. However the appetizers and main meals uninteresting. Two of us with mushy black cod which we were told by the owner was the way it was supposed to be. We've had it other places, not mushy and delicious. My wife had the scallops which were under cooked which they took back and pratically burnt the outsides. Sent the cod back too to be cooked more and she was not happy. Service and ambiance is nice for a small restaurant but don't believe all the reviews here as there are many places out in the desert with better food for half the price. It was to be a special meal for a friend which ended up disappointing. The cost is fine if there is quality food to go with it. Good luck if you chose to go here.

• Visited October 2013

palm springs
“As with all restaurants, we each have a different experience ......”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 9, 2013

and ours was disappointing after reading the good reviews.
I have no problem with the strip mall location, but I do have a problem with a restaurant which has obvious pretensions whose decor is dark paint acoustic ceiling tiles and paintings for sale around the walls. HELLO - you are near Palm Springs. Get a gay decorator, a few floral displays and mood lighting!The ambiance should reflect the culinary aspirations. Unfortunately in our case it did.
At $75 per head before tip for 4 people ordering two courses each and one bottle of wine between four its prices rival many of the San Francisco restaurants we enjoy.
Maybe the fact that Dish was only on its second open day for this season explained some of the snafus. Our waiter who was a really nice guy, couldn't remember what was actually in each of the endless amuse bouches, and why the sauce on my coq au vin had a dry skin, (were the mushrooms supposed to be crunchy or had they dried out too?) or the salad was drenched in a heavily vinegared dressing.
We were served an extra amuse bouche because our mains "were running late". Perhaps that then accounted for my heat lamp style sauce!
I accept that a lot of people enjoy the little taste experience but six of these scattered through the meal made us all just crave a plate of food, and when those plates came they were in the true nouvelle style. I thought this had died out a few years ago as most people nowadays want more than a few bites however nicely those tastes are presented.
I don't want to be negative but so many people visiting the desert come from SF, LA, NY and other culinary centers. When you hear about a new interesting restaurant, where appetizers are in the $10 - 15, the main course are in the 30's and up, and the wines start in the 40's you expect an evening of interesting dining in an interesting atmosphere.
Perhaps this was like catching a play on a shaky opening night. I hope they have a very successful run, but none of the four of us of varying palates will be returning.

• Visited September 2013
Palm Springs, CA
“Don't Bother”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2013

When I first when to the restaurant I was so impressed. The food was wonderful and there was so much of it. So many little dishes that just came all night long. The next time I went, I noticed there were fewer dishes and much less food. The last time I went, and this will be my last time, I left hungry and paid way too much money for what I got. The food was OK, and there was just so little of it. I guess there must be financial problems and they're cutting back on the portions. Forget this place, it's time has come and gone.

Visited June 2013
1 Thank Alexander B
Palm Springs, California
“Unique and surprising dining adventure!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2013

Included this restaurant in our annual Palm Springs Restaurant Week list this year and did not know what to expect. We had heard good things about it and are we glad we tried this small but elegant eatery.

The Dish is located in a nondescript strip mall across from the local car wash and nothing from the exterior will prepare you for what you will find inside.The room is small but well laid out for our table of 7 and while not a Zagat 5 star property, it was well decorated and had wonderful lighting.

I must first say that the wait staff and their support were nothing less than stellar in their attitude and service. Don't know that I have ever experienced better but the dining experience was the real star.

We were treated with what seemed like a never ending display of one succulent taste treat after another, served in single bite portions. From the deep fried jalapeno cheese ball to the pre-entree sorbet "pop", we could not agree on which item danced on our taste buds the most.

Entrees and dessert followed and the staff was right there for our every whim. What a great and fun dining experience this was and one I can highly recommend for a special night out.

• Visited June 2013
2 Thank RVK310
missoin lakes, ca
“AWESOME GEM”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2013

Had tried to visit previously. If you have more than 4 people (and I would recommend going with at least 4), there is one table that will work. We fit 7 easily. Great experience. As mentioned in other reviews the amuse bouche offerings and Joane's story are inspiriing. We visited while Ramon is under construction - very messy - but once entering the cozy restaurant, you never would have known there was chaos outside. We were able to try many items as a group of 7. The serving of the corn poblano soup was a treat table side (how often do you see that anymore?). I can rave about all of the dishes but you just need to go. Service was FABULOUS. You won't be disappointed.

• Visited June 2013