“Don't Bother”
Review of DISH - Creative Cuisine - MOVED

DISH - Creative Cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: At dish, we pride ourselves in creating new and exciting contemporary American cuisine with an emphasis and focus on flavor. We use exceptional ingredients including the best available local and organic products whenever possible. We believe that food should nurture not only the body, but the mind and spirit as well. Of primary importance to us is the dining experience of our guests. Our intimate dining room encourages the enjoyment of our modern cuisine, conversation and connection. Eating at dish is more than dinner. It is an experience.
Reviewed June 23, 2013

When I first when to the restaurant I was so impressed. The food was wonderful and there was so much of it. So many little dishes that just came all night long. The next time I went, I noticed there were fewer dishes and much less food. The last time I went, and this will be my last time, I left hungry and paid way too much money for what I got. The food was OK, and there was just so little of it. I guess there must be financial problems and they're cutting back on the portions. Forget this place, it's time has come and gone.

1  Thank Alexander B

Reviewed June 23, 2013

Included this restaurant in our annual Palm Springs Restaurant Week list this year and did not know what to expect. We had heard good things about it and are we glad we tried this small but elegant eatery.

The Dish is located in a nondescript strip mall across from the local car wash and nothing from the exterior will prepare you for what you will find inside.The room is small but well laid out for our table of 7 and while not a Zagat 5 star property, it was well decorated and had wonderful lighting.

I must first say that the wait staff and their support were nothing less than stellar in their attitude and service. Don't know that I have ever experienced better but the dining experience was the real star.

We were treated with what seemed like a never ending display of one succulent taste treat after another, served in single bite portions. From the deep fried jalapeno cheese ball to the pre-entree sorbet "pop", we could not agree on which item danced on our taste buds the most.

Entrees and dessert followed and the staff was right there for our every whim. What a great and fun dining experience this was and one I can highly recommend for a special night out.

2  Thank RVK310
Reviewed June 13, 2013

Had tried to visit previously. If you have more than 4 people (and I would recommend going with at least 4), there is one table that will work. We fit 7 easily. Great experience. As mentioned in other reviews the amuse bouche offerings and Joane's story are inspiriing. We visited while Ramon is under construction - very messy - but once entering the cozy restaurant, you never would have known there was chaos outside. We were able to try many items as a group of 7. The serving of the corn poblano soup was a treat table side (how often do you see that anymore?). I can rave about all of the dishes but you just need to go. Service was FABULOUS. You won't be disappointed.

1  Thank socasue
Reviewed June 12, 2013

it is in a little strip mall. Once inside the atmosphere is good. There is a small bar area and a view to the team putting the finishing touches on the plates and preparing the amuse bouche. It is small and not loud. But we came for the food and were delighted with what was served. The food was excellent, teh staff very attentive and friendly. The chef did a turn or two around the tables and stopped to chat for a few minutes. This was a lovely experience. Give it a try when you are in the desert.

Reviewed May 27, 2013

We went out of our way to have dinner at this location and were not disappointed. It did not take long to sit down and recognize this would be an unexpected, enjoyable dining experience. Most importantly, the service was outstanding. The staff was friendly, informative, and attentive when needed. The owner personally stopped at each table to say hello and present us with various delicacies.

The meal starts with an amuse bouche delivered to your table. While many restaurants may serve one, maybe two, we had anywhere from five to seven by the time the meal had concluded. They are very inventive, full of flavor and piqued our curiosity! The menu is right-sized with a few daily specials, a number of starters and just enough entrees. We found it difficult to select as every table next to us had a different item and was raving about each bite. We as well were not disappointed and excited to return to try what we couldn't try during our seating.

The owner clearly takes pride in her restaurant, her customers' experience, and strives to deliver an inventive, unique experience to your palate. While in a strip mall, you quickly forget once you enter. A must-try for a different dining experience. Advance reservations are recommended as this is a small venue and understand it is typically hard to get a table during peak season.