“It was ok...”

Cuisines: Barbecue
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Takeout
Reviewed July 7, 2012

I bbq myself and understand the importance of sauce. Everyone is different, I personally did not care for the sauce which basically interupts the whole meal. The service was friendly and excellant just provide various sauce options. I.e. Tomato based, mustard based, vinegar based, etc. Rather than just providing levels of spicy.

3  Thank jond36
There are newer reviews for tooties texas barbeque bbq

Reviewed June 9, 2012

We found this place was out of the way. Food was great. Nice locals place.

3  Thank stanrrman
Reviewed April 23, 2012

Originally from Houston and know a little something about barbecue. This place is the best I have found in SoCal . And they don't rest on their laurels with the side orders either. The dirty rice, the 3 different types of BBQ sauces, the bread, the bourbon pecan pie, etc...Tanya and Leenie are just the best too!!! Reminds me of the barbecue joints back in Texas, quality beef, quality ingredients, and honestly nice people. Food is a little pricy, but overall, the food is the star here.

1  Thank houstontosandiego
Reviewed April 14, 2012

We LOVE this place! The food is outstanding, and the service is really friendly. My wife (a Kansas City girl) loves the ribs and went through them like a hot knife through butter.

The place has changed ownership in the last year, but neither the food nor the service has suffered. They're both still outstanding!

1  Thank ElliottBay
Reviewed March 5, 2012

Had I known they'd taken AMEX, I would have eaten at Tootie's every night on my recent trip to the Palm Springs area. A lot of BBQ places neglect the sides and the desserts, but Tootie's went all-out. Some of the best mac and cheese I've ever had! The staff also made me feel at home, and I appreciated that.

2  Thank Tim P