“Marilyn Monroe still lives here.”
Review of Michael's Cafe

Michael's Cafe
Reviewed July 9, 2018 via mobile

Marilyn collector plates line the wall along with hundreds of framed Marilyn photos.
This is a place for locals but Donna, our server, made us feel right at home.
The menu is old school with a Jewish deli thrown in. The service is homey and quick. The food is nicely prepared and the owner hangs out to make sure everybody’s happy.
We just ordered grilled sandwiches on rye and a side salad. A large “new” pickle came with the order.
Nothing fancy but very good. Breakfast is served through lunch.
I like this place. I like Marilyn, too.

Reviewed May 17, 2018

This restaurant has been in the Coachella Valley for 29 years... nine years at the present location in a strip mall off Date Palm Drive. We were here for breakfast. First the restaurant... clean, quiet, comfortable seating and well staffed. There are hundreds of different photos of Marilyn Monroe... not sure of the owner connection to her but it's an unbelievable collection of photos and memorabilia. This in itself is a reason to check out this place. I was here to check out their chicken fried steak with two sunny side up eggs and biscuits and gravy. Excellent. The home fried potatoes were crisp and perfectly prepared... the meal was served steaming hot... I really was impressed and for me to rate a CFS as excellent means it was pretty darn good :) My friend had bacon and eggs with the same potatoes. She said the food was delicious and prepared perfectly. The wait staff were attentive and I was happy we had TuTu and Luis as our servers. I really liked this place... I just wish it wasn't so far from where I lived.... so for Chicken Fried Steak. there are now three places in the Coachella Valley that are worth a repeat visit for me... Billy Reed's in Palm Springs, Michael's Cafe in Cathedral City, and Louise's in Palm Desert.... seriously folks try Michael's... it's worth you time and money. Got out of there for less than $30... two breakfasts and two coffees.

Reviewed May 10, 2018 via mobile

If you are a fan of Marilyn Monroe, this place is a must-see. There are dozens of MM collectors’ plates and other memorabilia on display.

The staff is super friendly, service is prompt and efficient, and the typical diner fare is well prepared.

Reviewed May 6, 2018

Great fair priced Breakfast. Within a bike ride for us, and we felt we had discovered THE Breakfast spot. Local spot with real people inside. Pancakes, Bacon, and Eggs! Hit the spot!

Reviewed April 12, 2018 via mobile

Be advised - open for breakfast and lunch only. Many turn the breakfast menu into a hearty brunch. I would describe the menu as “High Diner” - all the standards, very well prepared and presented, very friendly staff. You’re sure to have a satisfying breakfast, brunch or lunch, with a libation too, if you like.
But where in the world can you get all this surrounded by a truly amazing collection of Marilyn Monroe memorabilia? The walls, plate racks and every available surface convey something of the life of this most memorable of all actresses. Mostly black and white framed pictures cover the walls and offer conversation opportunities from every table.
Although fairly easy to find, the restaurant is set back from the road on a strip mall, and takes a moment to spot from the road.
Go there for a great start to your day in the desert.