“A fun place and great food!”
Review of Michael's Cafe

Michael's Cafe
Big Bear Lake, California
“A fun place and great food!”
Reviewed August 6, 2012

We feel like we are definitely treating ourselves when we eat here! The restaurant is full of Marilyn Monroe pictures (you almost think she may pop out at any minute!), the service is fast and friendly, the restaurant is kept very clean, and the specials are delicious. You get plenty of food, and the prices are pretty reasonable for the food you receive. Coffee and iced teas are refilled often. You are welcomed when you enter... an entertaining place to eat! We eat here from October through May, as Cathedral City is our home 7 months out of the year. See you soon... Patricia (& Russ) :)

• Visited May 2012
1 Thank CaliforniaNotary

California
“Nice lunch”
Reviewed June 20, 2012

We stopped by for a quick lunch. Nice, clean, friendly diner type of place. Good food and service. I had a Reuben, I ask for pastrami but my server suggested the corned beef and she was right, it was great. I like that they have pure horseradish. My friend had the club and it was loaded with turkey and bacon. Our iced teas were refilled often. Just a nice lunch place, I will be back.

• Visited June 2012
1 Thank DonandMaro
Irvine, California
“A Great Diner”
Reviewed May 31, 2012

We love this little gem! It's very popular with locals and regulars (Irvine, CA) like us. I love the Marilyn Monroe decor, I'm such a huge fan! The staff is very friendly and attentive.
The food is very delicious, whether its scrambled eggs with diced ham or my husband's favorite, Egg's Benedict for breakfast or sandwiches and hamburgers for lunch.
This place makes you feel happy, such a welcoming environment, especially when you are not a morning person. A great way to start the day!

• Visited May 2012
2 Thank mjke1
chicago, il
“A great diner”
Reviewed March 20, 2012

The atmosphere and the decor is that of a real diner complete with counter service. The service was attentive and very good. The food was excellent diner fare. We really enjoyed this fun little place.

Visited March 2012
1 Thank oldergent
Palm Springs, California
“Great Hamburgers!”
Reviewed January 5, 2012

Michael's is really basic and really popular with locals. Serving breakfast and lunch only, it does a lively business with standard diner-like fare. The service is friendly and effecient. There are a few tables outside with a view of a strip mall parking lot on Date Palm at Gerald Ford. The hamburgers are great. Cooked exactly the way we asked for them, they were the best I've had in a long time. What makes Michae's special is that it's pretty hard to find what used to be commonplace -- a neighborhood spot with good food and good prices in a welcoming neighborhood atmosphere. If you are looking for lunch or breakfast in Cathedral City, give it a try. I think you will be pleased.

• Visited December 2011