“Not likely to eat there again”
Review of Oceans

Oceans
Reserve with OpenTable
Oceans is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed March 29, 2013

We had dinner with friends who suggested Oceans. It was new to all of us. We were surprised we couldn't preview the menu on-line,but it wasn't available. Our friends had heard it was reasonable, and had great seafood. The staff was very friendly,but the Appetizers and salads arrived after we asked about them after waiting over half an hour after ordering them. I specifically asked to not have anything salted,but didn't think about requesting no pepper because I ordered a caprese mozzarella and tomato salad and the wild salmon without the salsa or starch...just the veggies. The waiter was ready to crank the pepper mill, , but I quickly said absolutely no pepper. It makes me choke sometimes . With my first bite I realized I unexpectedly had pepper on the beautiful cheese so asked for more olive oil and tried to scrape off the pepper. Our friend loved his lobster cocktail and my husband and friend's wife split the calamari appetizer which was spicy and cooked in a red sauce, and they were happy. My husband thought the cioppino broth was very unusual and not to his liking. My salmon was very peppery, and I had difficulty eating it. Didn't expect any pepper on the salmon for that matter. The restaurant is 20 years old so looks like we are the minority opinion regarding not planning to return. Our friends were happy with the scallops. .didn't order desert .

Reviewed March 21, 2013

Arrived and greeted, seated and attentive service. As evening went on service became much less attentive and almost non-existent. Fish was great but vegetables were cold when served. Had high hopes when we started but probably won't return after the entire meal was taken in context.

2  Thank iabrownie
Reviewed February 20, 2013

Visited the place on Tuesday night and found out quickly why is the best place for seafood in town.didn't think that we need a reservation,but found out otherwise.it was packed!!!very friendly owner and his stuff reassured us a table within 10-15 minutes,for which we didn't mind the wait .we were served drinks almost immediatelly until our table was ready.started our dinner with escargot and fried oysters appetizers both of them fenomenal and full of flavor.main course choice were fantastic as well grilled escolar for my wife and surf & turf for myself.both tasted exceptional.owner and his stuff are on top the things all the time.i would highly recommend this restaurant to anybody thats visiting the valley and I know I will personally bring my friends there.

5  Thank Mike A
Reviewed February 18, 2013 via mobile

Great food, good service and nice atmosphere, I had the best sea bass ever and a very nice wine selection. I will be back very soon.

4  Thank Joepoker
Reviewed February 16, 2013

We visited this restaurant the evening of Feb 15. Service was OK but not great. I had Paella, my wife had boulabaise. Both were very unevenly cooked with my clams and chicken very overcooked and the rice component mushy and rather tasteless. I got no hint of saffron at all. If they can't afford saffron, they should at least use some turmeric. My wife's dish included an unedible very salty sauce. On the whole it was disappointing. We won't be returning.

1  Thank Ron_Glenn