“If you want bones in your fish then this is where you should go”
Review of Oceans

Oceans
Reserve with OpenTable
Oceans is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Families with children, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Cathedral City, California
“If you want bones in your fish then this is where you should go”
Reviewed July 20, 2012

Went to dinner with my spouse on Thursday, July 19 and we both ordered Chilean Sea Bass. It was their nitely special. The meal arrived and looked fantastic until you started to eat the fish. There were many BONES and HUGE CARTILAGE in their "fillet" Needless to say, I called the manager over and he informed "he forgot to tell me that there would be bones in the fish."REALLY? I told him that fillets are to be cleaned and he then went into the back and brought out his invoices from SANTA MONICA SEAFOOD ( obviously a less thah superior supplier) He looked at me like I was suppose to eat this bony fish anyway. I did not nor did I get an apology, NOTHING! They might want to change their slogan to OCEANS- WHERE OUR FISH ARE SO REAL WE COOK THEM WITH BONES IN THEM AND CALL THEM FILLET.

• Visited July 2012
1 Thank andynjoe

Auburn,CA
“Very nice, but small!”
Reviewed June 29, 2012

I got a $25 certificate from restaurant.com to Oceans. It is located at the end of a shopping center and the time and date info on the certificate was not accurate, not Oceans fault that we came a night early when they are closed. I ordered the rib-eye steak and it was delicious.The service was very attentive to our every need. We requested to sit by a beautiful well stocked aquarium. Everything was very nicely prepared. We are not regular visitors to this area, so it was nice to try something out of the norm for us. I would recommend Oceans to anyone who doesnt mind having a nice meal next to a window where people can walk by and if $27 for rib-eye is in your price range.

• Visited May 2012
2 Thank garyd210
rancho mirage
“Great seafood”
Reviewed June 20, 2012

I have beautifull dinner with my friends last saturday.Both seafood and meat specials were superb.
Abalone,Chilean seabass,Surf andTurf,all great.Must go if you are in desert.

• Visited June 2012
2 Thank bobo59
“Fine Cuisine - Great Seafood”
Reviewed April 21, 2012

This place knows how to prepare food, has a broad range of seafood and other menu choices, a wonderfully quiet and intimate ambience with a few tables in a charming outdoor area, good service, and reasonable (but not cheap) prices.

Visited April 2012
3 Thank desertnorman
La Quinta, California
“Desert gem~ lovely, quiet, beautiful, serene restaurant. Fab food!”
Reviewed April 12, 2012

My colleague suggested we have a business lunch at Ocean's on E. Palm Canyon in Cathedral City. I was very impressed with the decor, the Zen feel, intimate outdoor seating option, bar, personable, very attentive servers & their lobster Caesar salad was divine. The owners truly take pride in their establishment, their food, and presentation.

My friend & I wanted some privacy to discuss confidential legal matters and the server was ever so kind. He suggested we go to the back area, banquet room (exceptionally lovely, spacious) and we had the entire back area to ourselves, aka our private VIP dining room:)

Bravo!