“5 Stars, impressive menu, and a crown jewel of the Desert!”
Review of Cello's Restaurant

Cello's Restaurant
Ranked #20 of 133 Restaurants in Cathedral City
Cuisines: Italian, American
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Cello's Bistro is a small upscale restaurant: That serves fresh house made dishes. With a Mediterranean style food from Italian,American comfort foods. Featuring House made dressings and deserts
La Quinta, California
“5 Stars, impressive menu, and a crown jewel of the Desert!”
Reviewed December 8, 2011

I was one of the first to experience this divine restaurant when Cello's opened and I have returned several times with family, and special friends since no one had heard of it. I used to work at the Chamber of Commerce in Cathedral City and my former boss took me there for dinner after their grand opening. I was hooked!

I am thrilled for the owners, Bonnie, and Tom. They are amazing, and always present, stopping by patrons' tables, ensuring you are having the best dining experience possible.

This is a bistro, and has an impressive selection of well presented, delicious meals. I highly recommend Cello's~ not a huge high-volume restaurant, rather a very intimate, relaxing, calm setting, and attentive servers. Bravo!

Visited November 2011
1 Thank SoCalSiren

San Diego, California
“Try the Limoncello Tiramasu!”
Reviewed November 17, 2011

My husband & I saw a menu for Cello's at the B&B we stayed at in La Quinta. The Eggplant Cannelloni caught my eye so we drove to Cathedral City to have dinner. The deliciousness of the dinner we had was the highlight of my day.

We started out with an appetizer, the Crab Napoleon. This was on the Bistro 50% off menu for the month of November. Excellent.

We both had the eggplant for our entree. It was similar to an Eggplant Rotini, but the eggplant was grilled first, then dipped in egg & panko crumbs & wrapped around a ricotta & spinach filling and baked. Served with both marinara & bechamell sauces. Mmmmmmm.

The meal came with a basket of sliced baguettes with sides of both a pesto spread and an black olive butter. Delicious.

We had their signature dessert, the Limoncello Tiramisu. This "to die for" dessert had limoncello & marscapone in place of the coffee & chocolate. It was light & fluffy and had so much flavor my tastebuds were dancing.

What made our dining experience even better (if that was possible) was having the owner, Bonnie, come over and meet us. She even told me how to make the eggplant at home. She is personality-plus and is probably a big reason why her restaurant is so successful. She has many Palm Springs awards on her wall with good reason.

We can't wait to go back there next time we are in the Palm Springs area. Try it - you won't be disappointed.

Bonnie

• Visited November 2011
2 Thank Cheryl S
Cathedral City, California
“The best place to spend a great evening in the Palm Springs area.”
Reviewed November 13, 2011

A really nice experience...the food is equally good as the warm and friendly service and personal attention from the owners. Highly reccomend!

1 Thank OnePassPlatinum
BonnieCello, Owner at Cello's Restaurant, responded to this review, November 15, 2011
Thank you so much for your great review. I am pleased you had a great dining experience. If you ever have it anything less please let me know personally. Look forward to seeing you again soon. Bonnie
Abbotsford, British Columbia
“A wonderful dining experience!”
Reviewed November 4, 2011

It's great to find this fine dining restaurant in
the Cathedral Canyon area. All the menu items feature the freshest ingredients and are beautifully presented.
If you want something besides deep-fried, unimaginative cuisine....this is the place!!

• Visited November 2011
Lompoc
“Excellent!”
Reviewed September 3, 2011

The food was outstanding. The owners walked around and greeted all guests. What a delight. The wait staff was outstanding and very helpful making outstanding suggestions when asked their opinion. We will return to this new find for our family.

Visited September 2011
BonnieCello, Owner at Cello's Restaurant, responded to this review, September 6, 2011
Thank you so much for you great review. We hope to see you again soon!!!