$77
Staybridge.com
Savings alert! 18% below average rates

The price you found is 18% lower than this hotel's average rate of $94/night.

$90
$82
HIExpress.com
$107
Doubletree.com
  • Pool
CCBC Resort Hotel(Cathedral City)
$120
$110
  • Pool
Welk Resorts Palm Springs(Cathedral City)(Great Value!)
$119
$112
Hotels.com
Savings alert! 28% below average rates

The price you found is 28% lower than this hotel's average rate of $156/night.

$59
Priceline
$56
  • Pool
The Ritz-Carlton, Rancho Mirage(Rancho Mirage)(Great Value!)
$179
RitzCarlton.com
  • Restaurant
Savings alert! 38% below average rates

The price you found is 38% lower than this hotel's average rate of $289/night.

Parker Palm Springs(Palm Springs)
$216
$199
Savings alert! 20% below average rates

The price you found is 20% lower than this hotel's average rate of $248/night.

All reviewsstayed at the red lionkey card didn't workkitchenette suitestreet trafficwould stay againpool and hot tubcoffee makerrancho miragehousekeeperspringpalmdesert
Reviewed August 23, 2017

I have stayed at Red Lion's for many many years - and I am very surprised that this hotel met the Red Lion standards. The room was FILTHY no exaggeration - the carpet was so dirty that is was shinny black and the dirt rubbed off on anything that touched it. The sheets did not fit the bed and we had to use towels as pillows. The corridors, pool and parking lot was full of trash and was extremely dirty. The breakfast room was no better - no air conditioning! The room was just as dirty with a construction type floor fan that was bright orange but was a filthy brown from the dirt that was caked on it. In my opinion, this is the worse Red Lion Hotel in the chain and should be closed or re-branded until the many issues are fixed - it is not fair to the consumer who trust the quality of Red Lion Hotels to be subjected to this poorly run and filthy hotel.

• Stayed: August 2017, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Darren702
Reviewed August 11, 2017

We were on a road trip from Orlando to the Grand Canyon, Las Vegas, Los Angeles and back. On our return, we booked a room at the Red Lion while heading out of LA. We used Priceline. When we arrived at the hotel the reservation had not been confirmed through price line, and the desk clerk fumbled around to sort it out. It took around 5 mins, but he called Priceline and got everything squared away. The room was adequate, very clean, full refrigerator, clean comfortable beds, cold ac and a stove. Really nice place for the money. No outside noise or drama, and we slept fine. we were in a hurry to get on the road and get home in the morning, and in our rush, we left our laptop computer in the room. The cleaning crew turned it in, the manager packaged it and mailed to us.....and I can't say enough about the level of communication and professionalism. This hotel operates well above the price point it books under.

• Stayed: August 2017, traveled with family
Tim C, General Manager at Red Lion Inn & Suites Cathedral City, responded to this reviewResponded August 13, 2017

Hello from the Red Lion!

Thank you for such a thoughtful review. Our goal is to provide top of the line customer service and a comfortable stay at a great rate. I know we spoke quite a few times in regard to the laptop. I am glad to hear that it made it safely. I will share your thoughts with the staff. Guests like you are what makes this industry so enjoyable. Should you ever be in town, feel free to call me directly and I will be able to find you a great rate.

Once again, Thank you!,

Reviewed August 9, 2017 via mobile

Through groupon I purchased 2 nights and stayed here with hubby & 2 kids, the beds were comfy and room seemed pretty clean. It was super hot out so we mostly stayed in during day then went exploring Palm Springs at night then go swimming at hotel afterwards. The ac in room kept it nicely chilled, it would make some weird noise but not too bad. Complimentary breakfast in the morning was pretty good as well, we would stay here again.

Stayed: August 2017, traveled with family
Tim C, General Manager at Red Lion Inn & Suites Cathedral City, responded to this reviewResponded August 10, 2017

Hello from the Red Lion!

Thank you for providing us with feedback. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your time with us. Should you return, please contact me directly. I would love to provide you a discounted rate and a complimentary upgrade in room categories.

Reviewed July 21, 2017 via mobile

Most of the reviews I do are on Yelp but when there is a situation as unfortunate as ours I do write here as well. We reserved a renovated king bed room with a kitchen. I called numerous times and researched what exactly is available in the room(thank you Evie and Ashley!). When they say the rooms are renovated, they are partially renovated. There was a new bed, newer mirror in the bathroom, newer TV, but the carpet was old and filthy, the couch to sit in was dirty and sunken in, the table and chairs were not stable, the stove was extremely old and the burners did not fit anymore. I love to cook on vacation since my husband and I work so much and don't get to enjoy dinner together. I brought my cookware, knives, cutting board, and cooking utensils knowing these are items they don't provide but I would not have been able to cook what I had planned because the pans would have tilted so much from the burners that the sauce would have run out into the catch pans.

We had a horrible time getting into the room due to the keys not being programmed. A very nice man with longer, curly hair kept running back and forth trying to get it reprogrammed. We did wait about 30 minutes in 110 degree heat waiting with our luggage outside but that wasn't what bothered us. There happened to be a large group staying that was constantly smoking, drinking and talking inappropriately underneath us. They all had their doors open and stood outside since they had non-smoking rooms. You couldn't get to the pool without passing by this entire area and the smoke from them and others were everywhere. You could not enjoy the pool without all of this right in the pool area. Guests with children used the pool briefly but did not stay very long. And I'm not talking about you smelled it for a while and then it went away, it actually got on your own clothes. This property on the Red Lion website and other travel sites is listed as a non smoking property. I was also told by George at the front desk(very helpful) that they had talked to these guests repeatedly to no avail.

Fortunately, the gentleman helping with the keys showed us a quieter and less smoky area to a room around back. It too was not what was promised or anything similar to what the management photos portrayed.
As with a lower priced inn it can tend to draw other guests that may not be the "best of neighbors". This was the case here and it made for an unsafe and dirty environment. The grounds are poorly kept but a good power wash could've helped.

We did end up having to leave mainly due to my health concerns. I'm asthmatic and just been through a bronchial infection. I never would have booked a hotel that allowed smoking. Even one with a designated smoking section. Safety concerns were a huge issue as well as our room was not what was promised.

So, the management is where it takes it all the way down to a one star. He was not there at the time of our check in or leaving. He was coming in at 10pm. I asked to be contacted by him in regards to the $200 hold on my card to see if it could be released since we found another non smoking (for sure!) hotel. I asked George, for Tim (the manager) to send me an email since he was coming in late. No response. I called the next two days in a row and still got no response from Tim. It wasn't until I wrote my Yelp review that I heard from him. His response was far from good customer service. We have since moved forward with contacting Red Lion's corporate customer care department who immediately took action and are continuing to do so. I'll be updating this review with their findings.

Stayed: July 2017, traveled as a couple
1  Thank mrs_schnooks
Tim C, General Manager at Red Lion Inn & Suites Cathedral City, responded to this reviewResponded July 24, 2017

Hello,

Once again, I do apologize about your experience with us. We will use your criticisms constructively. There are always things that we can improve on. I have discussed our policies with the group that was in-house to ensure that these issues do not occur again.

The reason the renovations seemed unfinished (as you mentioned) are because we are in the middle of them. The summer is when we try to revamp. All of the carpet is being removed and replaced with wood. We hope to have this completed by August.

Once again, I am very sorry about your experience. Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback.

Regards,

Reviewed July 10, 2017

Had a Great stay, They provide toiletries that most hotels in this price range do not. Room kept clean. Front desk staff is very friendly. Nice pool and jacuzzi. Free Wifi with good signal in the rooms.

• Stayed: July 2017, traveled solo
Tim C, General Manager at Red Lion Inn & Suites Cathedral City, responded to this reviewResponded July 11, 2017

Hello from the Red Lion! We appreciate the wonderful review and are glad that you enjoyed your time with us. Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback.