“Great Service, Nice Views”
Review of Cimarron Golf Club

Cimarron Golf Club
More attraction details
Owner description: A rigorous links-style club with two courses: the Long Course is an eighteen-hole championship layout and the Short Course is an eighteen-hole, par-3 design.
Reviewed March 18, 2014

This is a very well run enterprise and the views from this area are wonderful. We find that although it is an executive course, some of the holes are just too short. Also it can get a bit windy and hot, no shade anywhere.

Reviewed March 15, 2014 via mobile

We have been coming here for 2 weeks each year for 12 years. Beautiful spot and wonderful staff but the appliances are the same ones as our first trip. New furniture and flat screen tvs have been added but little things like a better grade of utensils and new carpeting would help. Makes me wonder where our maintenance fees are going. Having said that, the grounds are immaculate, the pool is cleaned each morning as are the 4 grills. Ice and laundry machines are no charge so there is enough to attract us back each year. Again this year we were given the gate code so hubby could fly his RC plane.

Reviewed March 11, 2014

played the boulder/long course. fairways/greens ok (greens a little slower than used to). no long carries from tees(white).
ok value.
on neg side...bunkers had no sand, there was no food cart
would rate 6/7 on scale of 10

1  Thank Tom R
Reviewed November 28, 2013

Golfers can play the Links designed courses: Boulder (regulation) or Pebble (par 3), and will enjoy the day - if the sun isn't too hot. You see, there are no shade trees on the courses. The staff personnel are outstanding, and will accommodate your needs fully. The driving range and the putting green areas are outstanding. Be sure to give one of the courses a try, but on a hot, sunny, summer day, go out early - like 6 a.m. One thing I do wish - let locals play year around for a bit less greens fee. It's been a while since I played there, but I do pass by often, and see that it's relatively busy, and the course maintenance well done.

Reviewed November 17, 2013

I was looking for an interesting course layout for a decent rate and Cimarron filled the bill. It is a nice link style course that was in good condition when I played it. The layout wasn't spectacular, but it was nice enough for a course under $70 in November. I probably would have given it 4 stars except for the pace of play. I usually play very early in the morning because I hate slow play, but the day I played there was a Sunday and I couldn't get to the course before 11 am. My round ended up taking over 4 1/2 hours and as far as I could see, the marshal wasn't doing anything to speed up play. The course (Boulder) plays VERY easy and if you are looking for a course to post some low numbers, this is it.