My one-week stay here at the Desert Oasis was perfect. The weather the first part of the week was perfect - in the 80's. The resort had many activites for both young and old - daily walks, pool, water aerobics, tennis, golf, painting, jewelry making, DVD rentals, etc. The staff were very friendly and helpful throughout the stay. The one bedroom unit is large in size and I had a beautiful view of the golf course. The decor is alittle outdated but it didn't deter from the size and cleanliness of the room. The pool was beautiful and there is an adult only pool too. Each day they had different events at the pool - BBQ, ice cream float, build your own sundae, happy hour, etc. Cathedral City is located pretty central so you can get to Palm Springs one way or Palm Desert/Indian Wells the other. Thursday night there is a street fair in Palm Springs - nice little outing. Also on Sat/Sun there is a swapmeet at the College of the Desert in Palm Desert - fun too. Overall, the stay was perfect and I would recommend this resort to both couples and families - there was a combinaton of both while I was there.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Welk Resorts Palm Springs boasts 350 days of sunshine a year, with an average yearly temperature of 75 degrees. With breathtaking panaramic views of the San Jacinto Mountains, the resort is located 10 minutes from Palm Springs in Cathedral City, California. Swim in a large pool or lap pool, soak up some sun, or enjoy championship golf and tennis at our adjacent Cathedral Canyon Golf and Tennis Club, including a restaurant with locally inspired cuisine. Experience luxurious vacation villa accommodations that include full kitchens, living and dining areas, and private bedrooms with king beds. Activities Center includes fitness room, billiards, air hockey, darts, and Ping-Pong tables with planned activities and classes for all age groups. An arcade is next to the Activities Center. And when you’re ready to explore, nearby Palm Springs offers plenty to see – You won’t want to miss the Aerial Tramway, The Living Desert, Indian Canyons, Knott’s Soak City, Children’s Discovery Museum and Air Museum, world-class dining and shopping, including the popular Cabazon outlet, thrilling casinos, and more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Priceline, Orbitz, Hotwire and Booking.com so you can book your Welk Resorts Palm Springs reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Desert Oasis Hotel Cathedral City
- Desert Oasis Cathedral City
- Welk Resorts Palm Springs Cathedral City, California Desert, CA