Not luxury, but really nice, and a perfect place for the family. The pool center was well equipped (excepting the fact that they had no beach or volleyballs to play with), and the rooms/condos themselves were comfortable and tasteful. I believe all of the condos are one bedroom, with a hide-away in the living room, which could present problems for a larger family.
The recreation center was great... pool tables, ping-pong, poker night, movie rentals, little classes and activities throughout the day. Everyone was helpful and kind. It kind of felt a like summer camp, but that is nice for kids. And there is a quiet adult lap pool for those who don't want to be at summer camp.
We went in the heat of the summer, so I would imagine it is less busy at that time. I am not sure how the experience compares during peak tourist season.
It is a close driving distance from shops and theaters, but not walking distance.
Fun Area Attractions:
The Mt. San Jacinto Tram to the state park at 9,000 ft. elevation... a refreshing getaway in the summer and a winter wonderland from December-March.
Golfing behind the resort ($1 a hole).
Babe's (Southern BBQ, $12-$18 dinner)
Mimi's Cafe (Something for everyone! and a sweet atmosphere, $9-$18 dinner)
Yard House (Best Fries! and a fresh menu, $10- $18 dinner)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Welk Resort Desert Oasis boasts 350 days of sunshine a year, with an average yearly temperature of 75 degrees. With breathtaking panaramic views of the San Jacinto Mountains, the resort is located 10 minutes from Palm Springs in Cathedral City, California. Swim in a large pool or lap pool, soak up some sun, or enjoy championship golf and tennis at our adjacent Cathedral Canyon Golf and Tennis Club, including a restaurant with locally inspired cuisine. Experience luxurious vacation villa accommodations that include full kitchens, living and dining areas, and private bedrooms with king beds. Activities Center includes fitness room, billiards, air hockey, darts, and Ping-Pong tables with planned activities and classes for all age groups. An arcade is next to the Activities Center. And when you’re ready to explore, nearby Palm Springs offers plenty to see – You won’t want to miss the Aerial Tramway, The Living Desert, Indian Canyons, Knott’s Soak City, Children’s Discovery Museum and Air Museum, world-class dining and shopping, including the popular Cabazon outlet, thrilling casinos, and more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotwire, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your Welk Resort Palm Springs - Desert Oasis reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Desert Oasis Hotel Cathedral City
- Desert Oasis Cathedral City
- Welk Resort Palm Springs - Desert Oasis Cathedral City/California Desert, CA