I stayed here 1/2/13-1/5/13 with my husband. It is conviently located right outside of Palm Springs and very close to Palm Desert. Lots of restaurants and retail around, all within 20 minutes or less! The floor plans are open, very spatious, plenty of towels/soap, dishes provided with dish soap, daily trash removal, and everything was very clean and well maintained. We had a view of the parking lot but the landscaping made it ok. The pool area was great- one lap pool for adults only, one "main" pool for everyone, both heated, and a hot tub. They have an activity center with a pool table, air hocky, and ping pong table but we did not use it. Seems to be very kid friendly but the majority of the people staying there were of retirement age. Definately not your place to come party, more like a place to go relax. My husband took a lesson from the golf course and used the driving range and was very pleased. We did sign up for the timeshare presentation but all 3 speakers called in sick that day (I'm ok with that ;) ) so they have us a restaurant voucher for our inconvenience on top of our other 2 gifts, which they give you after the presentation FYI. Concierge service was very nice and helpful! It was clear that they want you to enjoy your stay and help plan visits to area attractions and restaurants. I have no complaints, we had a great stay, just wished we found it sooner!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Welk Resort Desert Oasis boasts 350 days of sunshine a year, with an average yearly temperature of 75 degrees. With breathtaking panaramic views of the San Jacinto Mountains, the resort is located 10 minutes from Palm Springs in Cathedral City, California. Swim in a large pool or lap pool, soak up some sun, or enjoy championship golf and tennis at our adjacent Cathedral Canyon Golf and Tennis Club, including a restaurant with locally inspired cuisine. Experience luxurious vacation villa accommodations that include full kitchens, living and dining areas, and private bedrooms with king beds. Activities Center includes fitness room, billiards, air hockey, darts, and Ping-Pong tables with planned activities and classes for all age groups. An arcade is next to the Activities Center. And when you’re ready to explore, nearby Palm Springs offers plenty to see – You won’t want to miss the Aerial Tramway, The Living Desert, Indian Canyons, Knott’s Soak City, Children’s Discovery Museum and Air Museum, world-class dining and shopping, including the popular Cabazon outlet, thrilling casinos, and more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Cancelon, Hotwire, Travelocity, Priceline, Cheap Tickets and TripOnline SA so you can book your Welk Resort Palm Springs - Desert Oasis reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Desert Oasis Hotel Cathedral City
- Desert Oasis Cathedral City
- Welk Resort Palm Springs - Desert Oasis Cathedral City/California Desert, CA