Booked this place as a companion to our extended vacation in August as a quicker, cheaper get-away for a few days to the desert. We love Palm Springs, and wanted to find a place we could take the kids and not end up hating ourselves and them by the end of the trip.
The "apartment" was pretty well-appointed, but what was frustrating was that they totally clean the fridge and cabinets out in between each guest, so there were no leftover condiments, etc. -- just the packets of sugar and things for the morning's coffee. I love the idea of hand-me-down ketchup, what can I say?
The pool is clean, and the clientele at the place is warm and friendly -- my kids (boys, 4 & 7) made quick friends. We also used their activity center on Parents' Night Out -- where we paid a total of $25 for the teenage counselors who work the place to take our children off our hands for four hours. Yes friends -- four hours. They even gave them dinner.
Used the fitness room as well, which was adequate -- not super modern, but had all the essentials there in free weights, elliptical, stationery bike and treadmill.
Would highly recommend for that on-the-cheaper-side quick getaway, and definitely request a pool-side room; I got that tip early-on, called the day before we arrived and it paid off.
No hard sell on the time share deal either except upon check-in. Tell them your kid needs to use the potty and you have to go. Worked like a charm.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Welk Resorts Palm Springs boasts 350 days of sunshine a year, with an average yearly temperature of 75 degrees. With breathtaking panaramic views of the San Jacinto Mountains, the resort is located 10 minutes from Palm Springs in Cathedral City, California. Swim in a large pool or lap pool, soak up some sun, or enjoy championship golf and tennis at our adjacent Cathedral Canyon Golf and Tennis Club, including a restaurant with locally inspired cuisine. Experience luxurious vacation villa accommodations that include full kitchens, living and dining areas, and private bedrooms with king beds. Activities Center includes fitness room, billiards, air hockey, darts, and Ping-Pong tables with planned activities and classes for all age groups. An arcade is next to the Activities Center. And when you’re ready to explore, nearby Palm Springs offers plenty to see – You won’t want to miss the Aerial Tramway, The Living Desert, Indian Canyons, Knott’s Soak City, Children’s Discovery Museum and Air Museum, world-class dining and shopping, including the popular Cabazon outlet, thrilling casinos, and more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Orbitz, Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets and Hotwire so you can book your Welk Resorts Palm Springs reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Desert Oasis Hotel Cathedral City
- Desert Oasis Cathedral City
- Welk Resorts Palm Springs Cathedral City, California Desert, CA