We took a short after Christmas trip to the Palm Springs area and got a good deal on Priceline Express deals. Check-in was efficient and the staff pleasant.
We had a first floor room that was a little dated but OK. Beds were not the most comfortable and for some reason, the sound of water running through the walls was annoying. It usually happened in the evening but done by bedtime. Walls are thin and could hear full conversations through the wall.
The one thing I liked was the pool area. It had a nice wide deck and a nice view. Finding pool towels was another matter. They were not always available.
Last issue: Breakfast. The first two days we went down around 8am and there was a bit of a crowd. They assign only one person to replenish and many times items stood empty for a long time. On the last day, we came down at 9am and there was hardly any food out at all. One woman told me that the staff said they were not putting anymore out as it closes at 9:30am. Later, I overheard a staff member (maybe the manager) tell a guest that they had ran out of food! My family cobbled together something but there were many guests who did not get the opportunity.
Since there are so many hotel options available I would choose another hotel to stay the next time.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Cathedral City is conveniently located in the heart of Palm Springs Valley. Our Cathedral City Hotel is a resort destination near Rancho Mirage, La Quinta, Palm Desert, Indian Wells, world class golf courses, spas, casinos, restaurants and shopping. While travelling to our hotel, you will be able to visit the Palm Springs Aerial Tramway, Indian Canyon Trails, Spa Casino, Agua Caliente Casino, Cathedral Canyon Golf, PGA West Golf, Cabazon World Premium Outlet Mall, Knotts Soak City, Empire Polo Grounds, El Paseo Shopping District, The Living Desert and Joshua Tree National Park. This Holiday Inn Express Hotel is a host hotel for The Big League Dreams Sports Park. We are just minutes from the Palm Springs International Airport in CA. Also nearby Palm Springs Convention Center, Downtown shopping, restaurants, and Indian Wells Tennis Gardens. All leisure or business guests will enjoy our high speed, wireless and wired Internet and complimentary business center. Come experience our serene outdoor heated pool and whirlpool with a large deck and mountain views. Our hotel also features a workout room. Our 100% smoke free hotel features the comforts of home. From our resort style pool, wonderful cinnamon rolls, cookies in the lobby every evening, and the Simply Smart Bedding Collection, this hotel in Cathedral City, CA is sure to please. Swimming pools and Jacuzzi will be closed starting on July 9, 2017 and will re-open on July 18, 2017 as they are being repaired. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA and getaroom.com so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Cathedral City (Palm Springs) reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Cathedral City (Palm Springs) Hotel Cathedral City
- Holiday Inn Cathedral City
- Cathedral City Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Express Cathedral City (Palm Springs) California Desert, CA