“Awesome hotel, awesome staffs!”

Holiday Inn Express Cathedral City (Palm Springs)
Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Cathedral City
Reviewed March 12, 2013

I stayed here during the BNP Paribas Tennis tournaments.
All staffs were very helpful and room was nicely decorated.
Breakfast was very nice with many choices.
I would recommend this hotel.

I loved the pool view with sunset!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
HIE-CC, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Cathedral City (Palm Springs), responded to this reviewResponded April 1, 2013

Hello!
Thank you so much for your survey and can't be more glad that you had a good time while you stayed with us.
We understand that it's not only the hotel room we are offering but also pleasant guest services to our guests!
Please let us know if there is anything we can help for your future stay.
We will work harder to make your next stay even better!

Charles

Reviewed March 10, 2013

Stayed here 2 nights only because no hotels available in Palm Springs would have been better off sleeping in car, due to filth in room and common areas garbage not cleaned floors not vaccumed fire alarm going off no explanation not a good feeling. Wake-up call on phone ringing repeatedly all night long no front desk explanation again. Exterior gounds unkept a total disaster, Have stayed at Hoiday Inns across North America this is the worst, and the last.

Room Tip: Sleep in car
3  Thank djgolf

Hello, djgolf.
First of all, Thank you very much for taking your time to share you experience of our hotel.
I do apologize for any inconvenience you had experienced during your stay.
It seems that a few rooms had problem with wake-up calls at the Summer Time change and I am terribly sorry about that.
We are currently trying our best to stay on the top of cleanliness of every area.
If you are willing to give us another chance to serve you, please do not hesitate to contact me directly at "charles@hie-cc.com"
I would do whatever it takes to make your next stay perfect.
Thank you again for your survey and hope you have a great day.

Reviewed March 4, 2013

We booked on Hotwire as we were passing through town and definitely ended up with the Hotwire room if you know what I mean .... However, it wasn't next to the ice machine, elevator or reception it was just plain dirty .... like diaper left in the room dirty, like people's hair clips on the bathroom floor dirty, like dirty sink and bath tub dirty .... yuck.

After a long day on the road we decided that changing hotels wasn't an option, so we rang down to reception to report the cleanliness issues and also tell them that the beds were squeaky when you sat or moved on them. I was put on hold for fifteen minutes by reception. Eventually I gave up and I went to reception to see what could be done. The guy was useless, saying that the hotel was full and he was turning people away (guess they hadn't booked), and he kept insisting me on showing me a piece of paper which highlighted the room as vacant and clean. Vacant maybe, but clean - no way.

He decided he could ring the manager who came to the room ten minutes later, apologized (he was the first to do so) and he offered to fix the beds and clean the room whilst we went out for dinner. He offer a partial discount - we never got it. We returned and he left a note saying what he'd done. But to be honest it kind of made me wonder what else hadn't been cleaned/changed in the rooms. This all made of an unpleasant night's sleep that was combined with a symphony of car alarms in the parking lot and noise through the paper thin walls.

Please avoid. Last time in Palm Springs we stayed at the Westin in Rancho Mirage for less money.

2  Thank DoctorRock
HIE-CC, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Cathedral City (Palm Springs), responded to this reviewResponded March 6, 2013

Good day, DoctorRock.
This is Charles who helped you at the time.
I wanted to say thank you very much for sharing your experience of our hotel.
I don't have excuses but I am terribly sorry that your stay was not quite enjoyable.
It was definitely our fault that we did not do a good job.
I had re-cleaned entire room with sanitizing products for you to feel more comfortable as I promised.
We would have moved your room to something other room but unfortunately, we were completely sold out that day as I explained to you.
I did review your account but since you had booked through Hotwire, there was nothing I could help you.
I am sorry for any inconvenience you had to experience.
I hope you had rest of your trip enjoyed and I would appreciate it if you could give us another opportunity in the future.
Please contact me direct at "charles@hie-cc.com"

Reviewed February 14, 2013

Stayed here for two nights. Staff were very efficient and friendly. Rooms were nice and included good size tv, coffee maker, fridge, iron/board. Bathroom was spacious and in good repair. The view of the mountains was lovely so ask for a room with this view. Enjoyed using the hot tub on a chilly night with the moon and stars above.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Landcruiser78

Hello, DohaLandcruiser.
Thank you so much for completing your survey of our hotel on Tripadvisor!
Every survey is very useful tip for our staff members and future clients.
I am glad that we enjoyed you stay with us!
I hope you had a chance to enjoy our FULL complementary breakfast in the morning with coffee!
Please contact us directly for any of your further needs!
Thank you again!

Reviewed February 7, 2013

I stay here often for work. The staff are friendly, the rooms are clean and the mountain views are beautiful. Prices are reasonable for Palm Springs. The breakfast is standard Holiday Inn fare. The canal runs behind the hotel so it's quiet and the views are unobstructed.

Room Tip: Poolside rooms will avoid street noise and have good morning views of the mountains.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank MplsDon

Hello, MplsDon.
I appreciate that you spent your own time to write your experience of our hotel.
I am very glad that we enjoyed your stays.
Are you a priority club member by any chance?
If you aren't, please mention at the front desk to sign you up for it at your next visit.
For priority club members, we could offer FREE early check-in's and free late check-out's!
Please let us know if there is anything we could improve our service!
Thank you very much again.

Reviewed February 5, 2013

I have stayed at this property 3-4 times over the past couple of years, and I really like it. The staff is extremely friendly, the room prices are fair, and the hotel is located just a short distance east (or is it south?) of Hwy 111. Yes, its located behind a gas station but the views of the mountains overlooking the pool are fantastic!

As with all HIE hotels a free buffet breakfast is included which was fine (nothing too exciting here, but very nice to have). The pool area was nice and kept very clean. Recently they upgraded the rooms so they look even better, and are very comfortable. My only gripe is that they each have their own A/C and heating units in the room and the blowers make a significant amount of noise which kept us up a bit at night. Is there any way these can be moved to the outside?

Otherwise, if you are looking for a comfortable, friendly, and reasonably priced place to stay while in the desert the HIE Cathedral City is the place for you!

Room Tip: Be sure to ask for a room with a view of the mountains!
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank beechmi

Hello, Beechmi.
Thank you so much for your input of our hotel.
I am glad that your stay in enjoyable overall.
We would love to work harder to provide better service for you and any other guests.
I do apologize for noise of A/C.
If you could be kind to send me an quick email regarding your stay information, we will address the issue with our maintenance department.
My email address is "charles@hie-cc.com"
Thank you again and we hope to see you in the future!

Reviewed January 23, 2013

Everything about this place was great! The staff was friendly, the pool facilities were excellent, comfy bed. I would recommend trading out the showerheads as ours spat a little bit, but otherwise everythign was fine. The (FREE) breakfast was really good, as was the coffee. Thanks, HI, we had a great time!

Room Tip: Snag one on the west side, good views of the hills and the pool.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Celeste C

Thank you very much for taking your time to review our hotel, Celeste!
I appreciate your detail review and it helps us where we could improve ourselves.
Plus mentioning our beautiful pool area/view helps our potential future guests for their room selections too.
I hope everything is wonderful with you and please contact us if there is anything we could help you in the future.
Thank you very much, again.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Cathedral City
Staybridge Suites Palm Springs Cathedral City Golf Resort
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Rancho Mirage - Palm Spgs Area
Hampton Inn & Suites Palm Desert
4 mi away
Hilton Garden Inn Palm Springs/Rancho Mirage
Best Western Plus Las Brisas Hotel
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Golf Resort Palm Springs

Been to Holiday Inn Express Cathedral City (Palm Springs)? Share your experiences!