“Excellent customer service. Very clean and nice rooms.”

Holiday Inn Express Cathedral City (Palm Springs)
Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Cathedral City
Las Vegas
“Excellent customer service. Very clean and nice rooms.”
Reviewed December 29, 2012 via mobile

The excellent customer service from Marea at the front desk alone makes us want to return. Great location for what we were in town for. Very nice and clean rooms we decided to stay an extra night. We had to change rooms but Marea gave us a suite which was right across the hall. She also found us a discount for it.

• Stayed December 2012
HIE-CC, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Cathedral City (Palm Springs), responded to this review, March 6, 2013
Thank you very much for your review, vegasdon!
We are trilled to provide great service to great people like yourself.
It does encourage us to do better job in the future with smiles!
If you are coming back to Palm Springs area in the future, please contact our hotel directly for the best deal possible!
Thank you very much again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
Bridgewater, Canada
Reviewed December 11, 2012

I stayed here in November 2012 along with a huge group of my family members as we were in town to celebrate an 85th birthday. As the place where we had the party shut down before 11, we all went back to the hotel and they were nice enough to allow us to use their breakfast room area to continue our get together. It may not be a 5-star hotel, but we certainly found it quite adequate.

1 Thank Nancy K
Wow, thank you very much for your wonderful review of our hotel, Holiday Inn Express Cathedral City/Palm Springs.
I do apologize for late response but I am so glad that it worked out well for your group.
I try to accommodate our guests with what they need as much as possible.
When we could provide the service that you look for, it's a win-win situation!
Please do not hesitate to contact us for the future stay at our hotel and we will do our best to serve your needs.
New York City, New York
Reviewed December 1, 2012

We stayed here the first weekend in Nov and had a very nice visit. The room was comfortable and attractive, as well as clean. The buffet breakfast was plentiful, fresh, and filling. It definitely was a good way to start the day. We thought the staff was exceptional; from the sweet woman at check-in to the dining room people to the maintenance personnel everyone was very friendly and helpful. The location was perfect for my needs. I liked that there were a number of stores and restaurants nearby. We had a pleasant stay and will absolutely stay here again.

1 Thank adie19
Hello,
Thank you for completing your survey.
I appreciate your time and concern and am very happy that you enjoyed your stay.
We strive our best to provide the better service for our guests as always.
I hope you have a great day and wish you would come and stay with us next time you are in Palm Springs area!
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed November 29, 2012

Our check in was VERY UNPROFESSIONAL. The older lady was very loud and obnoxious , addressing people as honey or sweety. We felt like we were at a truck stop motel. Our room seemed like it was not cleaned properly and had been smoked in. We also found hair in our bathroom and on our sheets. I know this is not a 5 star resort but all the other Holiday Inn Expresses we've stayed at we never experienced this. Makes me wonder what kind of management is here? Also, we spoke to other guest there and 1 man said he encountered problems and would not be staying here again. He did say that he felt that the same older lady treated him unprofessionally and her car alarm went off which woke him up and he was very disgusted with her attitude. I can't believe that a hotel would hire such a person to represent them. Then it seems that the employees cleaning rooms don't know how to clean,maybe the management should make some changes??? THIS was certainly a TERRIBLE experience. We will stay at another Holiday Inn Express either Palm Desert or Rancho Mirage. Updating a hotel DOES NOT matter when it has these issues. I will be contacting the customer relations dept about this hotel. It's not a pleasant way to spend money and not enjoy.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
3 Thank madison l
HIE-CC, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Cathedral City (Palm Springs), responded to this review, February 10, 2013
Hello,
First of all, thank you very much for completing the review.
We take any feedbacks seriously from any guests.
All staff members already have noted and we all will make sure the issue that you experienced will not happen to any future guests.
Please feel free to contact me directly anytime for any concerns or issues.
If you would give us another chance to serve you, I will make sure your next stay will be perfect.
Thank you very much again for your time and hope you have a great day.
Baker, Nevada
Reviewed November 11, 2012

Helpful, cheerful staff and large, comfortable room. Fast WiFi, coffee in the room and a full breakfast downstairs. Quiet location with view of mountains. Only complaint: bathroom cleaning needs more attention to detail: not my hair in the bathtub and outside of toilet a bit grungy.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a mountain view.
2 Thank Margaret_Trail_Boss
HIE-CC, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Cathedral City (Palm Springs), responded to this review, February 10, 2013
Hello!
Thank you very much for your review!
We will value your review seriously and will have our staff noted for better service.
Please come visit us next time you are in Palm Springs area and let us be your accommodating hotel!
I hope you have a great day.
Fort Myers, Florida
Reviewed October 17, 2012

All staff is very pleasant. There's free WiFi and a full, free, breakfast every morning. Our room was clean and comfortable. All rooms are in the process of gettng updated furniture. We enjoyed our four nights stay. The hotel is in a good location, with easy access to everything in the surrounding cities/area. If we're in the area again, we'd choose this hotel for our stay.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Jane G
HIE-CC, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Cathedral City (Palm Springs), responded to this review, October 23, 2012
Hello!
This is Charles, the general manager of the hotel.
First of all, thank you for your wonderful review.
It encourages us a lot with reviews like yours after all hard work of staffs!
The hotel will be finished with entire renovation by end of this year.
As rooms are mostly newly furnished, public areas will be done very soon.
Again, I hope you would visit us again after everything is done to enjoy the new amenities!
New Zealand
Reviewed September 26, 2012

I arrived back for a return visit to this property on 9 September. Was checked in efficiently, was given an upgrade due to Priority status with IHG and went up to my room. Opened the door and first impression was "oh", still the outdated furniture, lamps and a CRT tv from the 80's, plus the heavy brown themes, also from the 80's.. I thought, perhaps this will influence my rating for my stay this visit.. But guess what.. Next morning a big truck arrived out front full of new flat screen tv's, modern lamps, totally new furniture for every room. My room wasnt upgraded during my stay, I guess they didnt want to disturb me, but next visit, I'll have a totally new look to look forward to. Everything else about the stay was consistent. Great free breakfast with a good selection and cheerful friendly staff. House keeping were lightning fast, the minute you left your room, they were in straight away to freshen up the room. The front desk girls (both day & night) were so friendly and helpful, plus a new guy, sorry I didnt get his name, but overall they were great and just add to the positive experience. Parking is free and plentiful. The only thing I could complain about but it doesnt detract from the quality of the experience is the pillows on the bed. I couldnt tell the difference between soft & firm options and just couldnt quite get a happy compromise with the pillows. Overall, another 5 star experience, thank you !!

Room Tip: Ask for a pool/mountain view !!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Musclebearnz
Wow, what a great review!
Thank you very much!!
I will advise our staffs to read your review so we can be even better next time.
For your next visit, please do not hesitate to talk to any of staffs or to me if you face any concerns or issues.
We are always here to accommodate you 24/7!

Thanks again,
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cathedral City
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Rancho Mirage - Palm Spgs Area
Best Western Plus Las Brisas Hotel
Hampton Inn & Suites Palm Desert
Hilton Garden Inn Palm Springs/Rancho Mirage
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Golf Resort Palm Springs
Welk Resort Palm Springs - Desert Oasis

Been to Holiday Inn Express Cathedral City (Palm Springs)? Share your experiences!