We stayed here for one night the end of October to break up a long journey between Tucson and LA.
We arrived a little before the 4pm check in but were allocated our rooms quickly. The staff were friendly and efficient.
We paid $110.00 on a late booking a few days before but felt it was pretty good value.
Upon arrival the hotel lobby and dining room were decorated with halloween pumpkins and fall coloured flowers. Our young daughters were delighted.
The rooms were very spacious. We did not have a fridge on arrival (they are not standard in rooms only suites) The staff delivered one to us on request within 10 minutes though free of charge.
The room was very clean and spacious. The bathroom had wonderfully strong jets on the power shower .
The hotel is situated maybe 10 minutes drive from Central Palm Springs. I feel you do need a car for this hotel as there is not alot restaurant/shop wise within walking distance.
There is an Albertsons supermarket next door which is great for stocking up on drinks and snacks.
There is an AM/PM gas station directly in front of the hotel.
The pool area is stunning with jet sprays shooting up from the lovely warm pool. Our daughters said this was one of the nicest pools they had ever been in.
There is also a coin op laundry which is handy when travelling with kids.
Breakfast is continental style and plentiful and fresh. If you drink hot English tea bring your own tea bags as the hotel only do Green tea.
All in all a good hotel,not the very best location for downtown Palm Springs but great for a short comfortable relaxing stop over.
We would stay here if ever in the area again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Cathedral City is conveniently located in the heart of Palm Springs Valley. Our Cathedral City Hotel is a resort destination near Rancho Mirage, La Quinta, Palm Desert, Indian Wells, world class golf courses, spas, casinos, restaurants and shopping. While travelling to our hotel, you will be able to visit the Palm Springs Aerial Tramway, Indian Canyon Trails, Spa Casino, Agua Caliente Casino, Cathedral Canyon Golf, PGA West Golf, Cabazon World Premium Outlet Mall, Knotts Soak City, Empire Polo Grounds, El Paseo Shopping District, The Living Desert and Joshua Tree National Park. This Holiday Inn Express Hotel is a host hotel for The Big League Dreams Sports Park. We are just minutes from the Palm Springs International Airport in CA. Also nearby Palm Springs Convention Center, Downtown shopping, restaurants, and Indian Wells Tennis Gardens. All leisure or business guests will enjoy our high speed, wireless and wired Internet and complimentary business center. Come experience our serene outdoor heated pool and whirlpool with a large deck and mountain views. Our hotel also features a workout room. Our 100% smoke free hotel features the comforts of home. From our resort style pool, wonderful cinnamon rolls, cookies in the lobby every evening, and the Simply Smart Bedding Collection, this hotel in Cathedral City, CA is sure to please. Swimming pools and Jacuzzi will be closed starting on July 9, 2017 and will re-open on July 18, 2017 as they are being repaired. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Cathedral City (Palm Springs) reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Cathedral City (Palm Springs) Hotel Cathedral City
- Holiday Inn Cathedral City
- Cathedral City Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Express Cathedral City (Palm Springs) California Desert, CA