“good pizza, rigid on seating policy”

Giuseppe's Pizza & Pasta
Ranked #19 of 133 Restaurants in Cathedral City
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Takeout
Los Angeles
“good pizza, rigid on seating policy”
Reviewed July 20, 2013

There were 2 of us who were celebrating a birthday. We arrived early on a weekday at around 5:45 pm and there was only 2 other tables seated. The table for 2's are very small so we asked to be seated at a table of 4.....We were declined and basically told they absolutely could NOT sit us at a table larger than 2 as the larger tables needed to be saved for larger parties. We sat at a table of 2...ordered a large pizza....had very little room to eat as the pizza pan took up most of the table. However the pizza was very good and I will go back again...just will not go back when there are only 2 of us. (p.s. when we left there were plenty of tables of 4 available!)

p.s. this review is for their 2nd Giuseppe's restaurant on E. Palm Canyon Rd, Palm Springs

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank jmmer32

Destin, Florida
“Not as good as people said it would be”
Reviewed June 17, 2013

Small deep dish Chicago style – used crushed tomatoes on top (about ¾” thick)-was like eating stewed tomatoes out of a can – no idea if the pizza tasted any good because all you could taste was tomatoes.

Visited May 2013
1 Thank djodea
Los Angeles, California
“Cute Place!”
Reviewed April 7, 2013

We came by for lunch on a weekday and were very pleased by the friendly staff and the very good pizza that we shared. We will return when next in the area.

Visited November 2012
Palm Springs, California
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“It actually tastes like Chicago pizza!”
Reviewed March 17, 2013

First time since moving to CA that found a restaurant that says it makes Chicgo pizza and it actually tastes like it for real. Was a great surprise and delight as had given up on pizza in CA. Had the thin crust with my favorite toppings. Service was good and it was a friendly place with positive atmosphere. Now want to go back and try some of other dishes. You wouldn't expect this to be so good being in a mall setting but it is and I am picky since I'm from Chicago. My friend ordered the salmon on top of a Ceaser salad and said that was delicious too. Prices are moderate and portions large. Had enough pizza to take home and eat for two more meals. I will go back to try mores as cant stop thinking about how good it was.

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank Rebecca H
Panguitch, Utah
“Lots of vegetarian choices”
Reviewed March 4, 2013

This was our second time here in the last couple years and I wish we hadn't waited so long to go back. We sat outdoors on their nice little patio and had a very attentive waiter named George.

We ordered the bruschetta as an appetizer and it was the absolute best ever. I'd never had it the way they do it and I'm hooked. The topping was so flavorful with nice slices of wonderful garlic....where do they get that kind of garlic? It's not like what I buy at the store.

The Mr. was very happy with his antipasto salad and I had a hard time choosing between more vegetarian choices than I'm used to.

I finally settled on the Portabello Mushroom Raviolis in Marsala Sauce....sheer heaven. We used the wonderful house-baked bread to sop up the last of the bruschetta and the marsala sauces.

Topped the whole thing off sharing a slice of Spumoni ice cream pie...delish!!!

Unfortunately we are leaving for the summer and won't be back till next winter but I can't wait to go to Giuseppe's again.

(Note: I said it has a "scenic view" which is mostly true... if you ignore the parking lot and enjoy the nearby mountains and the palms.)

• Visited March 2013