“Not good and deceptive”

Transit: Shopper Hopper
Connecticut
“Not good and deceptive”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 26, 2010

At Picanha, you everyone pays the same (high) price, and is served by men carrying skewers of meat (mainly chicken – 5 chicken choices the night we went). Be careful, drinks and dessert are not included in the price of your meal – and they don’t tell you this. The drinks and dessert are very expensive. The salad bar was pathetic, nothing like advertised. The meat was low-grade, very fatty. At the end of our meal, we were asked if we wanted dessert. Since the dessert choices were displayed as part of the all you can eat salad bar (which was included in the price of the meal), we assumed that dessert was included, so we saved room and both ordered dessert (which we never do). Much to our surprise, when the bill arrived, we discovered that the desserts were extra, and quite expensive. We felt duped. It is deceptive to display the desserts on the salad bar and not explain that they are extra. Every other restaurant I’ve been to had a dessert menu with prices. This restaurant does not have a dessert menu, and the server did not tell us the desserts were extra, or even how much they cost. As we were on a budget, we would not have ordered dessert if we knew they were extra. I will never go back to Picanha.

Santa Clara, Utah
“Been to better Brazilian steak house”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 4, 2009

If this is your first time to this type of place, you will enjoy it. I've been to better ones. Many of the side dishes and meats were not Brazilan. There were Asian noodles, etc on the buffet portion and some of the chicken & sausage items were likewise. I thought threre were too many non beef items - it is a steak house & grill. We went at dinner, not lunch. Pricey, but luckily we had a dining certificate for $25 off. Even so, our bill was about $40 or so.

Rancho Mirage
“A delightful dining experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 16, 2009

If you are a vegetarian this is the restaurant that could change your mind! The variety and cuts of meat are superb and quite delicious. There is something for everybody. The buffet has numerous salads and fresh vegetables, incredible soup, as well as very tasty side dishes.

Every time we go to Picanha there is something new to experience at the buffet. The parade of meats that is brought to your table is endless. And even though our intention is to skip dessert, the desserts are just too good to resist.

We have always found the servers and management to be very attentive and professional. We have been enjoying the restaurant ever since it first opened on El Paseo. Picanha is novel and different and we highly recommend it to all our friends.

San Jose, California
“Fabulous!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 26, 2009

The food was exquisite and unbelievable and the service was outstanding! I reccommend this place to everyone! If you want good food and a friendly place this is the resteraunt for you. We were a group of ten people and we visited the resteraunt for three hours having fun conversation and a massive amount of fun. We took our time at our own pace having a variety of good drinks and we were never rushed. Their salad bar is fantastic but it is not my favorite because i am a meat kind of guy. I recommend the spicy chicken! I will definetely return but this time i am going to plan my brothers birthday party there.

california
“We had a great time here!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 18, 2009

My girlfriend and i went here to celebrate her getting promoted at her job because a friend of ours recommended it. We had a reservation at 7 pm and, even though it was busy, we got right in. The staff was very professional and nice and the food was extremely good. I had never been to a brazilian restaurant before, but this place definitely got me hooked. Their picanha meat was some of the best beef I've ever had. I also really liked the chicken stroganoff. For dessert we got a chocolate mousse and and a flan, and both were extremely good! I recommend everyone to try this place! We will definitely be back.