“Steak (and other meats) on a Stick!”

No photo provided
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Transit: Shopper Hopper
Kent
“Steak (and other meats) on a Stick!”
Reviewed March 10, 2012

If you leave this restaurant hungry, you only have yourself to blame! From the moment you sit down, the gaucho's start bringing steak, chicken, lamb, pork and more to your table on swords and carve off pieces right to your plate. My personal favorite was the garlic steak and sausage. Once fixed price (~$30) including all you can eat sides and meat. A very interesting and enjoyable dining experience.

• Visited March 2012
1 Thank SeanFromKent

Bend, Oregon
“A South American treat”
Reviewed February 7, 2012

We were in South America last Oct (2011) and enjoyed the Brazilian BBQ churrascarias there. This restaurant offers an all-you-can-eat option for a fair price. Lots of salads and sides plus a wide variety of beef, chicken, port, sausage, and lamb grilled in the SoAm style. The happy hour prices for the wines at the bar were a nice surpirse. We actually ate at the bar as we were not hungry enough for the all-you-can eat. The barender Greg was a delight. We'll definitely be going back on our next visit to the desert!

• Visited February 2012
San Diego
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Thirty bucks for this?!?”
Reviewed January 7, 2012

I understand the appeal of the Brazilian steak house: The waiters come around with swords loaded with meat and you choose all you want and eat till you can't take any more. That's all well and good, but it falls apart if you cannot eat the meat!

I did not try the chicken. I did not pay $30 to eat a bunch of chicken.

The garlic steak was inedibly overloaded with garlic. I scraped it off as best as I could and did not get any more.

The tri tip was cooked over way too hot a flame, and so was overdone on the outside and raw in the middle. Not rare, but raw.

Another steak was so loaded with gristle I spit it out in my napkin.

The lamb was interesting but I am not an expert on lamb and so I cannot comment. I did not find it appealing, so I did not order any more.

The server at our table tried to up-sell us on drinks and desserts. Your thirty bucks for all you can eat lousy meat does not include drinks or dessert.

The side dishes were ordinary. Thankfully, not offensive.

Frankly it was a pretty serious disappointment. All show and no substance.

Visited January 2012
Plainfield, Illinois
“Wasn't as good as prior visit”
Reviewed October 15, 2011

We had eaten at Picanha our last trip out here and it was fantastic. This time, it was decidedly average, as the quality of the meats were not near as good as the previous time. The service started out painfully slow as they only had one gaucho carving, until the manager also began serving people. After the beginning, service was fine. Our waitress, Juliana, was excellent; providing water, ice tea and rolls as needed.

This type of restaurant isn't everyone's cup of tea, but I am a big fan of the carved meats and was disappointed with the quality. They had churassco beef, sirloin, garlic steak and chicken, bbq chicken and ribs, as well as pork and lamb. So the selection was there but the quality just wasn't what I had come to expect. We may give it another try if we're back out this way, but it isn't on our "must do" list anymore. The salad bar is also very small and uninspired.

Note that arrival prior to 6:30 shaves about 20% off the cost, bringing it down from $32 to $26 per person.

• Visited October 2011
Norco
“The best food and service was amazing!”
Reviewed August 30, 2011

We went here in late August and had the privilege of enjoying their summer pricing! We tried 10 different meats, all of them were wonderful, but my favorite was the spicy chicken! The chef even came out of the kitchen to discuss the herbs he uses in the chicken! The staff was so very attentive and beyond helpful! I will be back and it won't be soon enough!

• Visited August 2011