“A fun stop for a meal when you are going through the land of artichokes!”

Giant Artichoke Restaurant
Ranked #4 of 20 Restaurants in Castroville
Cuisines: American, Healthy
Reviewed August 8, 2013 via mobile

This is a very unique place to try artichokes prepared in different ways: steamed, fried, in a soup, etc. This was my 2nd time and I would highly recommend ordering the steamed artichoke as a starter. After your meal, be sure to get a picture in front of the giant artichoke in front of the restaurant. This experience is worth the stop!

There are newer reviews for Giant Artichoke Restaurant

Reviewed July 26, 2013 via mobile

It was perhaps worth stopping at the Giant Artichoke in Castroville on Route 1. I love artichokes and I was expecting something truly extraordinary since we were in the World's Artichoke capital. The platter was good but could not compete with artichoke dishes I have tasted elsewhere.

Reviewed July 11, 2013

We decided to try this place out after heating some folks rave about it. I had the pizza with artichokes, my husband had the chili cheeseburger topped with artichokes. Both meals were very good, but the service was kind of slow and the restaurant looked and felt dingy. I doubt that we will ever go back....though if you are looking for a place that gives you many different ways to try artichokes, this is a good pick. Just don't expect a sparkling clean restaurant.

Reviewed June 27, 2013 via mobile

Yum!!!! We LOVE artichokes and easily fed our family of 4 on one of their giant artichoke platters. This had artichoke cooked in almost ever way you can imagine & maybe some you can't. It even included an artichoke cupcake for dessert! We'll be back!

Reviewed June 3, 2013

This place is different. Great way to serve artichoke.
Their sandwich portions are generous and loaded with genuine stuff.
The sauces and dressings that go with the fried artichoke are unique.
I would surely recommend this place at Castroville as a stop on your way from the Big Sur to to San Francisco.