“Not Professional”
Review of Econo Lodge

Econo Lodge
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Castro Valley
Reviewed April 9, 2012

Service was very bad. People who work at the Econo Lodge does't speak English. Room was not clean, dark , traffic noise,

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank John B

Reviewed January 6, 2012

Everything was clean and well maintained. When we arrived we were upgraded to a king Jacuzzi suite. The upgrade was free but it cost $20 to turn on the jacuzzi. That wasn't important to us but it seemed pretty cheap of them to do that. Everything was clean and quiet. We had a good time.I would stay there again.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Alex D
Reviewed June 26, 2011

Pool was CLOSED. WIFI worked if you got a room in the OFFICE. Toilet and tile floor were cracked.

• Stayed: June 2011
Reviewed August 13, 2010

We were at the end of a tiring vacation and I was so pleased with our stay at Econo Lodge. We got in rather late but the clerk was pleasant, the room was clean (and no smoke smell) as were the grounds and walkways. I was not aware of other travelers or traffic noise and was able to sleep in until 8:30 (as did my daughter, who is notorius for waking at the first noise). Fresh coffee and juice and we were on our way again.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed March 10, 2010

I was there for a family gathering and other family members came in from out of town. The

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed February 29, 2008

The place has a great location and the price is reasonable enough. The managers don't speak or understand much English. We had a room with a jacuzzi tub and TV in the bathroom that I got all psyched out to try, had my glass of wine, filled the tub and then almost broke my neck trying to reach the tiny tv and to my dismay, it did not work so I thought, ok, so what, I will relax in the jetted tub but to my dismay, it didn't work either. I asked the manager about it and was told " no work" and that was that.
Breakfast was day old donuts and terrible coffee and juice.
I will stay there again because it is near relatives and the price is right but I would not want to stay there for a real vacation.

• Stayed: November 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed December 9, 2007

Dirtiest hotel ever. The wifi only worked in certain areas of the hotel room, so you couldn't sit in bed with your laptop to use it. There was no iron. There was a bloodstain on the comforter and brown stains that looked like feces on the blanket. Loud fan in the bathroom. The owner/night desk worker was creepy.

• Stayed: December 2007, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3  Thank medcat
Holiday Inn Dublin
Holiday Inn Dublin
#3 of 6 in Dublin
La Quinta Inn & Suites Oakland - Hayward

Been to Econo Lodge? Share your experiences!