“Excellent Staff!”

Holiday Inn Express Castro Valley - East Bay
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Castro Valley
Reviewed March 10, 2011

I have been staying at this hotel for over 6 months on a regular basis. I work at a near by hospital and staying at Comfort Suites makes for much less hectic commute. The hotel, although extremely accessable to nearby major freeways, lends itself to a "feel" that I am not in a loud, crowded city. The rooms are spacious, extremely quiet and have always been immaculate during my frequent stays. Varying dining establishments are close by.
The Staff: Shandra, Maria, Omar, Robert, Jeff, Jackie, Sandra and house keeping have always gone far out of their way to insure that a guest's needs are taken care off. They give this unique hotel, in this modern world of so often "rushed, multi-tasking, robotic" type staff who are often insincere or downright rude a feel that this is a "home away from home", and as a regular guest, the staff has a "family" feel. The atmosphere in this well kept hotel is one which I would describe as was present to a significantly greater degree in "earliar times", in which different values were in place in society in general. This staff has gone far out of what would be considered "normal" or "standard" duty in their treatment of guests. They are sincere, intelligent, and always pleasant, kind and amazingly understanding in this current "me" centered culture. These attitudes, I have found often at so called "5" star hotels; however, the staff at this hotel present as so much more sincere and genuinely interested in the guest. All of the staff members appear to thoroughly enjoy their interaction with the guests. After 6 months staying at this hotel, I have gotten to know all of the staff fairly well. Each personality makes an extremely effective team in my opinion. Without ever complaining, these people are sincerely committed to making each guest feel at home. I have been amazed by the personal service that has been so much more individualized by each staff member. This service, often is not even requested. This is, if to put my experience here in simpler terms, perhaps, much more "old world" in philosophy.
Dr. James

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled on business

Reviewed March 5, 2011

Firs of all Thank you Shandi, Maria and Sandra ...... My first impression was wow this looks very clean....the customer service was great at check-in. I have always been a big fanatic of clean rooms and Comfort Suites Castro Valley exceeded my expectations. I was amazed how clean the room was, everything was spotless. I have to say that from the Lobby to the breakfast area, spa area, to the fitness room everything was immaculate. The beds were very comfortable and the linnens were very clean. I felt very comfortable almost like being home :) Thank you very much for making our stay so pleasant and definately are coming back next year for our yearly conference.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed February 1, 2011

This hotel is pleasant and very well run. It is perfect for travelers needing professional-level accommodations while attending to business or family activities in the area. We appreciated the smart, polite and helpful staff. And we appreciated the super-clean and comfortable rooms. Our confidence in the Comfort Inn/Suites brand continues.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed January 10, 2011

This is one of the best hotels that my wife and I have stayed in while in the bay area at any price, and we've stayed in some very expensive hotels. The staff is especially good and I am convinced it is because of the manager, Maria Salazar. Her enthusiasm and positive attitude infuses the entire staff. They all go the extra mile to ensure a welcome stay. The hotel was extraordinarily clean and well maintained. I would recommend this to everyone. Whoever is in charge should give Ms. Salazar a huge raise. She deserves it. Feel free to contact me regarding this hotel and manager. I just cannot say enough about the quality of my experience there. When you walk through the door you know right away that this is a home away from home.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed December 23, 2010

There was a fitness room, which I didn't have time to use, but I would have if I had the time. I used the jacuzzi, which was oh so relaxing and warm. There was even a freshly baked cookie awaiting me in the evening to top off the relaxing day!!! My stay here was comfortable and "homey". I would definately recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed December 17, 2010

Every consideration has been given to our needs by the hotel staff. The location is excellent with lots of places to shop and eat within easy walking distance. There is a need for a nice restaurant in the area, but if you like Fast Foor, Mexican, Thai, Chinese etc they are here a plenty. It is also easy to get into the city on the BART.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 14, 2010

We've been staying at Comfort Suites about once a month for quite some time. New owner has made lots of upgrades and still doing more. Great place. Smoke free and friendly staff. I have allergies and they're very good about not having any cleaning odors in our room. Walking distance to miniature golf, Wendys, McDonalds and gas station. We like to walk a bit further to go to the local Chabot Theatre movie theatre. Highly recommend this place our home away from home :-)

Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
Hampton Inn Oakland-Hayward
Hampton Inn Union City
Hampton Inn Union City
#1 of 4 in Union City

Been to Holiday Inn Express Castro Valley - East Bay? Share your experiences!