I have been staying at this hotel for over 6 months on a regular basis. I work at a near by hospital and staying at Comfort Suites makes for much less hectic commute. The hotel, although extremely accessable to nearby major freeways, lends itself to a "feel" that I am not in a loud, crowded city. The rooms are spacious, extremely quiet and have always been immaculate during my frequent stays. Varying dining establishments are close by.
The Staff: Shandra, Maria, Omar, Robert, Jeff, Jackie, Sandra and house keeping have always gone far out of their way to insure that a guest's needs are taken care off. They give this unique hotel, in this modern world of so often "rushed, multi-tasking, robotic" type staff who are often insincere or downright rude a feel that this is a "home away from home", and as a regular guest, the staff has a "family" feel. The atmosphere in this well kept hotel is one which I would describe as was present to a significantly greater degree in "earliar times", in which different values were in place in society in general. This staff has gone far out of what would be considered "normal" or "standard" duty in their treatment of guests. They are sincere, intelligent, and always pleasant, kind and amazingly understanding in this current "me" centered culture. These attitudes, I have found often at so called "5" star hotels; however, the staff at this hotel present as so much more sincere and genuinely interested in the guest. All of the staff members appear to thoroughly enjoy their interaction with the guests. After 6 months staying at this hotel, I have gotten to know all of the staff fairly well. Each personality makes an extremely effective team in my opinion. Without ever complaining, these people are sincerely committed to making each guest feel at home. I have been amazed by the personal service that has been so much more individualized by each staff member. This service, often is not even requested. This is, if to put my experience here in simpler terms, perhaps, much more "old world" in philosophy.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Introducing the new Holiday Inn Express in Castro Valley, featuring 54 newly remodeled comfortable, spacious, and convenient rooms which are all 100% smoke-free and pet-free. We offer our guests complimentary Express Start breakfast, 24hr Front Desk, In-door Sauna, and a 24hr Fitness Facility. Free High speed Wi-Fi is available to all our guests. 37Inch Flat Panel HD TV's are installed in all our rooms, along with Serta-Elite Plush Mattresses. Newly built Market Place available to our guests. Our hotel is centrally located in the East Bay, CA in a desirable and friendly neighborhood with plenty of restaurants and fun activities nearby such as Lake Chabot Regional Park, (Fishing & Boating) Oakland Coliseum, Golfland Golden Tee, Willow Park Golf Course and much more! The Holiday Inn Express, Castro Valley hotel is committed to achieving exemplary guest satisfaction, and we look forward to providing you with quality customer service! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Castro Valley - East Bay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Comfort Hotel Castro Valley
- Comfort Suites Castro Valley
- Castro Valley Comfort Suites