I traveled to Castro Valley for a conference at Cal State East Bay in Hayward. Chose this hotel based on the availability of a hot tub, free breakfast, and the proximity to CSU East Bay (5 miles). The hotel was beautiful and clean, breakfast was delicious, I loved the hot sausage and the kids loved the pancake machine. Yes, they have a machine that makes pancakes for you!
Our room was spacious even for our family of four (two small kids) and came with a microwave and mini fridge.
The staff was exceptionally courteous and helpful. I called before my trip with questions about public transportation in the area. The manager I spoke to (Omar) didn't know the answer but he did some research, found the information I was looking for, and called me back within minutes. He answered my questions and was able to anticipate my needs and provide additional helpful advice.
My wife appreciated the fact that she and the kids were able to walk from the hotel to the downtown Castro Valley / Castro Village shops and restaurants. The area seemed very safe and we even played a round of miniature golf at the Golden Tee Golfland down the block. We loved our stay and will definitely stay there again if we return to the East Bay area.
Another thing that I noticed, which is usually a peeve of mine when staying at hotels, was that the room had good ventilation. There was a powerful exhaust fan in the bathroom that prevented the rest of the room from getting humid even after multiple showers. The fan on the heating/AC unit was also quiet and didn't disturb us when it occasionally came on at night.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Introducing the new Holiday Inn Express in Castro Valley, featuring 54 newly remodeled comfortable, spacious, and convenient rooms which are all 100% smoke-free and pet-free. We offer our guests complimentary Express Start breakfast, 24hr Front Desk, In-door Sauna, and a 24hr Fitness Facility. Free High speed Wi-Fi is available to all our guests. 37Inch Flat Panel HD TV's are installed in all our rooms, along with Serta-Elite Plush Mattresses. Newly built Market Place available to our guests. Our hotel is centrally located in the East Bay, CA in a desirable and friendly neighborhood with plenty of restaurants and fun activities nearby such as Lake Chabot Regional Park, (Fishing & Boating) Oakland Coliseum, Golfland Golden Tee, Willow Park Golf Course and much more! The Holiday Inn Express, Castro Valley hotel is committed to achieving exemplary guest satisfaction, and we look forward to providing you with quality customer service! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, IHG, Orbitz, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotwire, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Castro Valley - East Bay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Comfort Hotel Castro Valley
- Comfort Suites Castro Valley
- Castro Valley Comfort Suites