When booking my room I asked if it was possible to get an early check in as I was working on my arrival day and I did not want my wife to sit in the car until the normal check in time. I was told that 12:00 check in would be no problem. Before I left Sacramento on my way to this location I called again to verify that an early check in was still okay. I was told again that 12:00 was no problem. Upon arrival just before 12:00, I was told that I would have to wait at least an hour, and probably
1 1/2 hours before a room would be ready. I had to do my job that afternoon so I went and did it while my wife sat in the care and roamed around the mall I was working in. Not cool!! When I did check in the lobby was being remodeled and it was difficult to navigate. The walls on the floor I was on were being redone and the whole place smelled like paint. I understand that they were updating the place and it has to get done, but it would have been nice to advise people prior to arrival. After I checked in, I later went to sit in the spa for a while. They had 2 tv's, which I thought was great as my wife was taking a nap and I wanted to watch a football game. I found out that neither tv worked. To top it off the spa was just warm. Finally, the next morning we were getting breakfast at the free buffet there and were taking it up to our room as I had a conference call to get on. The lady at the front desk stopped us and told us that we are encouraged to eat our food in the dining area. I told her why I needed to take it to the room and she said that a lady had told her she found an ant on that floor so we should not take food to our room!! Incredible! We took our food to our room anyways, but I was upset that she would stop us in the lobby and give us a lecture in front of other guests. When going out later I stopped at the desk and asked what the policy for ordering a pizza from the place on the card in my room. I asked her if we needed to take the pizza down to the dining area. She said no, but only sweets are a problem. I then asked if it would be a problem if I bought an apple pie at Mcdonalds next door and brought it to my room. She said no it would not. I then told her that she was wrong to stop us and she needed to be consistent with her policy. I actually think they were worried about people taking extra food. I had just stayed at a Comfort Inn in Sacramento and it was a nice stay. This was quite the opposite.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Introducing the new Holiday Inn Express in Castro Valley, featuring 54 newly remodeled comfortable, spacious, and convenient rooms which are all 100% smoke-free and pet-free. We offer our guests complimentary Express Start breakfast, 24hr Front Desk, In-door Sauna, and a 24hr Fitness Facility. Free High speed Wi-Fi is available to all our guests. 37Inch Flat Panel HD TV's are installed in all our rooms, along with Serta-Elite Plush Mattresses. Newly built Market Place available to our guests. Our hotel is centrally located in the East Bay, CA in a desirable and friendly neighborhood with plenty of restaurants and fun activities nearby such as Lake Chabot Regional Park, (Fishing & Boating) Oakland Coliseum, Golfland Golden Tee, Willow Park Golf Course and much more! The Holiday Inn Express, Castro Valley hotel is committed to achieving exemplary guest satisfaction, and we look forward to providing you with quality customer service! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Castro Valley - East Bay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Comfort Hotel Castro Valley
- Comfort Suites Castro Valley
- Castro Valley Comfort Suites