“Comfort Suites Inn at Castro Valley, California near Oakland”

Holiday Inn Express Castro Valley - East Bay
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Castro Valley
Salt Lake City, Utah
“Comfort Suites Inn at Castro Valley, California near Oakland”
Reviewed August 20, 2013

I was on a work assignment and was assigned to a job site located 15 minutes north of the Inn. We worked 10 to 12 hours 6 days a week. The Inn worked with us to provide an early cold breakfast which was very appreciated. The beds were very comfortable and the rooms were spacious and allowed space for computer use. TV viewing was good offering many channels and sports offerings. The rooms were always clean and well maintained. The area is quite and little if any noise can be herd between the room walls and hallway. The staff was very friendly and able to help you and offer suggestions for dining and areas to visit on the weekends and how to best get there. They treated me with friendly attitudes and a smile. They made my long term visit very pleasant.

Room Tip: I shoose a king bed in a suite. It offered more room than two queens in one room.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank J W
Comfort S, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Castro Valley - East Bay, responded to this review, August 26, 2013
Greetings!

I am so pleased to hear that you found our hotel to be accommodating to your needs. It is always a pleasure to hear when our guests mention positive things about the bed or TV's in our rooms. We believe it is important that all our guests sleep comfortably in a Serta-Elite Plush mattress and watch their favorite shows on a 37inch Flat Panel High-Definition TV with plenty of sport and HBO movie channels. Our housekeeping staff does a fantastic job in keeping the hotel spotless and I will certainly pass along your wonderful review to them and our Front Desk Staff. We appreciate your business and hope that you keep us in mind on your next visit to Castro Valley, CA.

Warm Regards,

Omar Ansari

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed August 20, 2013

This hotel is a very good hotel. The location is excellent, the internet service is outstanding (even for business means), the staff is great and the housekeeping was also excellent. It's probably one of the best all around hotels I've stayed in for a long time. There really isn't anything that I can think of that is a negative other than the breakfast could be a little better. But it's free and just like other hotels that offer free breakfast. I'd definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for the corner suites. They are about $20.00 more, but worth the extra width and space.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Stephen L
Dear Stephen,

Thank you for taking the time to write an excellent review about your recent stay at our hotel. Our location, service, and amenities are prime factors for our current and prospective guests. Judging from your feedback, I can see the money we spent to upgrade our Wi-Fi was well worth it. We really appreciate your warm compliments about our staff members! They truly work so hard to make sure our guests have an enjoyable and memorable stay. We value your business and look forward to serving you once again.

Maple Grove, Minnesota
Reviewed August 15, 2013

We started our San Fransisco vacation at another location which didn't work out for several reasons, after checking into other locations we found friendly helpful Omar Ansari at this hotel he got us into a great room he was helpful and considerate after our bad experience at the other hotel, all of the staff is friendly and considerate and made our stay that much better it is not hard to understand why this hotel has such a high rating after I found out our last hotel had a 30% rating things started making sense Thank you Omar and you staff for making our stay that much better - The Hill Family

Room Tip: Stay towards the front of the hotel quieter
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Rich H
Greetings Rich!

Thank you for sharing your feedback about your stay with us. It was my pleasure to assist you and your family during your visit and I am thrilled to hear that your stay was comfortable and enjoyable. My dedicated team and I make it a priority to ensure our guests are well taken care of and I am happy that you were able to experience exemplary service from our staff members. We appreciate your business and hope that you keep us in mind on your next visit to Castro Valley, CA.

Reno, Nevada
Reviewed August 15, 2013

This was a nice hotel. Quiet and very clean. The breakfast was tasty.
The staff was really very friendly and were accomodating trying to get two rooms near each other so our family could go back and forth between the rooms.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank tracbert
Comfort S, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Castro Valley - East Bay, responded to this review, August 20, 2013
Greetings!

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review on Tripadvisor following your recent stay at our hotel. It is always nice to hear when a guest enjoys their stay with us and I hope that we were able to exceed your expectations. I will certainly pass on your lovely review to the rest of my team as I am sure they will be happy to know that their efforts are appreciated. We value your business and hope that you keep us in mind on your next visit to Castro Valley, CA.

Palm Springs, California
Reviewed August 3, 2013

Our accommodations were excellent. The staff were very friendly and professional. Our breakfast was presented in a clean and helpful manor. Omar Ansari, manager, was always very helpful in directing us to the various areas we needed to be. Overall, I would be happy to recommend this Comfort Suites to any traveler.

Room Tip: Third floor rooms were wonderful!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Virginia J
Comfort S, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Castro Valley - East Bay, responded to this review, August 14, 2013
Dear Virginia,

I am so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and thank you for the warm compliments. Our staff members and I strive to provide our guests with exemplary service and I am thrilled that your experience at our hotel was an excellent one. We appreciate your business and hope that you keep us in mind on your next visit to Castro Valley, CA.

Warm Regards,

Finland
Reviewed July 31, 2013

Decided to spend a couple of nights here on our visit to SF due to the lower prices and the positive reviews. The hotel room was nice and the staff were friendly, so no complaints there. The easiest way to get to San Francisco itself is to use the BART system (subway). If you don't have a car, you have to prepare to walk about 20 minutes to get there. If you have a car, you can drive to said BART station and leave it there for only 1.5 USD a day.

But back to the hotel...the place was nice and we were surprised to learn that the breakfast was included in the price. Not something that happens a lot in the US! However, that being said, the breakfast was disappointing. The selection was poor and the taste was so-so. Presentation as well. If you want a sandwich, you pretty much have to put some kind of jam on it as the selection is so limited. On the other hand, it IS free, so I suppose it is better than nothing.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Tommy I
Comfort S, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Castro Valley - East Bay, responded to this review, August 4, 2013
Hello and thank you for taking the time to write a review on Tripadvisor following your recent stay at our hotel. I am pleased to hear that you found the BART station to be convenient for your travel needs. It is a very short distance from our hotel and a great alternative to driving to San Francisco. I also appreciate your comments about our breakfast. We take our guests feedback very seriously because it helps us find ways to improve the services/amenities we provide. Rest assured that I will look into improving the quality of our breakfast to meet the needs of our guests. We appreciate your business and hope that you keep us in mind on your next visit to the San Francisco Bay Area.

Yours in Service,

Seattle, Washington, United States
Reviewed July 30, 2013

This hotel is highly recommended especially for a team travel. The front desk to housekeeping was amazing. They were very helpful to us and made our stay very pleasant. Our team was able to utilize areas for team meetings and the staff was very accommodating. They also were very helpful of the area and always knew where to direct us far as locations. I must say this was one of the cleanest hotels, don't let the outside fool you.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Greetings Tanisha!

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and taking the time to write this review. We enjoyed having your team stay with us and I hope everything was above satisfactory. I appreciate your compliments about our staff and service and I will certainly pass along your wonderful review to my team. We value your business and hope that you keep us in mind for the next tournament.

Best Regars,

Hilton Garden Inn Oakland/San Leandro
Best Western Plus Inn of Hayward
The Marina Inn on San Francisco Bay
La Quinta Inn & Suites Hayward Oakland Airport

Been to Holiday Inn Express Castro Valley - East Bay? Share your experiences!