“Quiet and clean”

Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Castro Valley
Reno, Nevada
“Quiet and clean”
Reviewed August 15, 2013

This was a nice hotel. Quiet and very clean. The breakfast was tasty.
The staff was really very friendly and were accomodating trying to get two rooms near each other so our family could go back and forth between the rooms.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank tracbert
Comfort S, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Castro Valley - East Bay, responded to this review, August 20, 2013
Greetings!

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review on Tripadvisor following your recent stay at our hotel. It is always nice to hear when a guest enjoys their stay with us and I hope that we were able to exceed your expectations. I will certainly pass on your lovely review to the rest of my team as I am sure they will be happy to know that their efforts are appreciated. We value your business and hope that you keep us in mind on your next visit to Castro Valley, CA.

Omar Ansari

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
Palm Springs, California
Reviewed August 3, 2013

Our accommodations were excellent. The staff were very friendly and professional. Our breakfast was presented in a clean and helpful manor. Omar Ansari, manager, was always very helpful in directing us to the various areas we needed to be. Overall, I would be happy to recommend this Comfort Suites to any traveler.

Room Tip: Third floor rooms were wonderful!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Virginia J
Comfort S, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Castro Valley - East Bay, responded to this review, August 14, 2013
Dear Virginia,

I am so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and thank you for the warm compliments. Our staff members and I strive to provide our guests with exemplary service and I am thrilled that your experience at our hotel was an excellent one. We appreciate your business and hope that you keep us in mind on your next visit to Castro Valley, CA.

Warm Regards,

Finland
Reviewed July 31, 2013

Decided to spend a couple of nights here on our visit to SF due to the lower prices and the positive reviews. The hotel room was nice and the staff were friendly, so no complaints there. The easiest way to get to San Francisco itself is to use the BART system (subway). If you don't have a car, you have to prepare to walk about 20 minutes to get there. If you have a car, you can drive to said BART station and leave it there for only 1.5 USD a day.

But back to the hotel...the place was nice and we were surprised to learn that the breakfast was included in the price. Not something that happens a lot in the US! However, that being said, the breakfast was disappointing. The selection was poor and the taste was so-so. Presentation as well. If you want a sandwich, you pretty much have to put some kind of jam on it as the selection is so limited. On the other hand, it IS free, so I suppose it is better than nothing.

1 Thank Tommy I
Comfort S, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Castro Valley - East Bay, responded to this review, August 4, 2013
Hello and thank you for taking the time to write a review on Tripadvisor following your recent stay at our hotel. I am pleased to hear that you found the BART station to be convenient for your travel needs. It is a very short distance from our hotel and a great alternative to driving to San Francisco. I also appreciate your comments about our breakfast. We take our guests feedback very seriously because it helps us find ways to improve the services/amenities we provide. Rest assured that I will look into improving the quality of our breakfast to meet the needs of our guests. We appreciate your business and hope that you keep us in mind on your next visit to the San Francisco Bay Area.

Yours in Service,

Seattle, Washington, United States
Reviewed July 30, 2013

This hotel is highly recommended especially for a team travel. The front desk to housekeeping was amazing. They were very helpful to us and made our stay very pleasant. Our team was able to utilize areas for team meetings and the staff was very accommodating. They also were very helpful of the area and always knew where to direct us far as locations. I must say this was one of the cleanest hotels, don't let the outside fool you.

Greetings Tanisha!

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and taking the time to write this review. We enjoyed having your team stay with us and I hope everything was above satisfactory. I appreciate your compliments about our staff and service and I will certainly pass along your wonderful review to my team. We value your business and hope that you keep us in mind for the next tournament.

Best Regars,

West Jordan, Utah
Reviewed July 27, 2013

This hotel is a great place to stay with any sports team because of their large and spacious rooms. The property manager was great to work with when booking rooms for 2 different soccer teams and helped accommodate all of the special requests. I definitely would stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Comfort S, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Castro Valley - East Bay, responded to this review, July 29, 2013
Dear Cory,

I appreciate you taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at our hotel. It was our pleasure to host your soccer team and I am pleased to hear that you found our rooms to be spacious and the staff accommodating. We value your business and hope that you keep us in mind for next year's Rage College Showcase event!

New York City, New York
Reviewed July 22, 2013

The location was very convenient for my purposes. It was an easy drive from SFO International Airport. The king bed suite was clean and spacious, more than enough room had my family of 4 been traveling with me. Omar, the manager, was so very helpful, attentive and gracious after I stupidly locked myself out of my room. He and a maintenance worker also worked quickly to unclog the sinks in my room and in an adjoining one.

The complimentary breakfast was simple and convenient; hotel room also had a coffeemaker, mini fridge and microwave.

Overall, it was a very well-kept hotel in a good location, with excellent service with a smile.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Comfort S, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Castro Valley - East Bay, responded to this review, July 25, 2013
Hello Sue,

Thank you very much for the lovely review! I am pleased to hear that you found our hotel to be convenient and easy for your needs. I really appreciate your patience in regards to unclogging the sink in your room and I hope that we were diligent in trying to resolve that issue. It was our pleasure to host you and your family and I truely hope that you enjoyed your stay with us. We value your business and look forward to serving you once again in the near future.

Warm Regards,

Wantagh, New York
Reviewed July 13, 2013 via mobile

This one of the cleanest hotels we have stayed in. Has a convenience area that sells different food items including microwaveable meals , nice touch. It has a hot tub but it was out of order during our stay. The only real problem I had that there were no room darkening curtains in our room , 403 , which is on the front of the building to block out the afternoon sun and the spotlights shining on the building. The breakfast was very good.

Stayed July 2013
Comfort S, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Castro Valley - East Bay, responded to this review, July 21, 2013
Thank you for providing us feedback following your recent stay with us! I appreciate you pointing out the cleanliness of our hotel, it is imperative for our guests to have a hotel with clean rooms and facilities during their stay. For future reference, please contact the front desk with any problems you may encounter in your room. We do have black out curtains, although a little hard to see at first, in all our rooms behind the regular curtains. We value your business and hope that you keep us in mind on your next visit to Castro Valley, CA.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Castro Valley
Hilton Garden Inn Oakland/San Leandro
Best Western Plus Inn of Hayward
The Marina Inn on San Francisco Bay
La Quinta Inn & Suites Hayward Oakland Airport

Been to Holiday Inn Express Castro Valley - East Bay? Share your experiences!