“Nice hotel outside of SF”

Holiday Inn Express Castro Valley - East Bay
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Castro Valley
Finland
“Nice hotel outside of SF”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2013

Decided to spend a couple of nights here on our visit to SF due to the lower prices and the positive reviews. The hotel room was nice and the staff were friendly, so no complaints there. The easiest way to get to San Francisco itself is to use the BART system (subway). If you don't have a car, you have to prepare to walk about 20 minutes to get there. If you have a car, you can drive to said BART station and leave it there for only 1.5 USD a day.

But back to the hotel...the place was nice and we were surprised to learn that the breakfast was included in the price. Not something that happens a lot in the US! However, that being said, the breakfast was disappointing. The selection was poor and the taste was so-so. Presentation as well. If you want a sandwich, you pretty much have to put some kind of jam on it as the selection is so limited. On the other hand, it IS free, so I suppose it is better than nothing.

1 Thank Tommy I
Comfort S, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Castro Valley - East Bay, responded to this review, August 4, 2013
Hello and thank you for taking the time to write a review on Tripadvisor following your recent stay at our hotel. I am pleased to hear that you found the BART station to be convenient for your travel needs. It is a very short distance from our hotel and a great alternative to driving to San Francisco. I also appreciate your comments about our breakfast. We take our guests feedback very seriously because it helps us find ways to improve the services/amenities we provide. Rest assured that I will look into improving the quality of our breakfast to meet the needs of our guests. We appreciate your business and hope that you keep us in mind on your next visit to the San Francisco Bay Area.

Yours in Service,

Omar Ansari

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Seattle, Washington, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2013

This hotel is highly recommended especially for a team travel. The front desk to housekeeping was amazing. They were very helpful to us and made our stay very pleasant. Our team was able to utilize areas for team meetings and the staff was very accommodating. They also were very helpful of the area and always knew where to direct us far as locations. I must say this was one of the cleanest hotels, don't let the outside fool you.

Greetings Tanisha!

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and taking the time to write this review. We enjoyed having your team stay with us and I hope everything was above satisfactory. I appreciate your compliments about our staff and service and I will certainly pass along your wonderful review to my team. We value your business and hope that you keep us in mind for the next tournament.

Best Regars,

West Jordan, Utah
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2013

This hotel is a great place to stay with any sports team because of their large and spacious rooms. The property manager was great to work with when booking rooms for 2 different soccer teams and helped accommodate all of the special requests. I definitely would stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Comfort S, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Castro Valley - East Bay, responded to this review, July 29, 2013
Dear Cory,

I appreciate you taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at our hotel. It was our pleasure to host your soccer team and I am pleased to hear that you found our rooms to be spacious and the staff accommodating. We value your business and hope that you keep us in mind for next year's Rage College Showcase event!

New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2013

The location was very convenient for my purposes. It was an easy drive from SFO International Airport. The king bed suite was clean and spacious, more than enough room had my family of 4 been traveling with me. Omar, the manager, was so very helpful, attentive and gracious after I stupidly locked myself out of my room. He and a maintenance worker also worked quickly to unclog the sinks in my room and in an adjoining one.

The complimentary breakfast was simple and convenient; hotel room also had a coffeemaker, mini fridge and microwave.

Overall, it was a very well-kept hotel in a good location, with excellent service with a smile.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Comfort S, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Castro Valley - East Bay, responded to this review, July 25, 2013
Hello Sue,

Thank you very much for the lovely review! I am pleased to hear that you found our hotel to be convenient and easy for your needs. I really appreciate your patience in regards to unclogging the sink in your room and I hope that we were diligent in trying to resolve that issue. It was our pleasure to host you and your family and I truely hope that you enjoyed your stay with us. We value your business and look forward to serving you once again in the near future.

Warm Regards,

Wantagh, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2013 via mobile

This one of the cleanest hotels we have stayed in. Has a convenience area that sells different food items including microwaveable meals , nice touch. It has a hot tub but it was out of order during our stay. The only real problem I had that there were no room darkening curtains in our room , 403 , which is on the front of the building to block out the afternoon sun and the spotlights shining on the building. The breakfast was very good.

Stayed July 2013
Comfort S, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Castro Valley - East Bay, responded to this review, July 21, 2013
Thank you for providing us feedback following your recent stay with us! I appreciate you pointing out the cleanliness of our hotel, it is imperative for our guests to have a hotel with clean rooms and facilities during their stay. For future reference, please contact the front desk with any problems you may encounter in your room. We do have black out curtains, although a little hard to see at first, in all our rooms behind the regular curtains. We value your business and hope that you keep us in mind on your next visit to Castro Valley, CA.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2013

My husband and I went on a road trip from Seattle was to Disneyland and back up. We stopped at this hotel because we wanted to be near San Francisco without having to stay in the city. We called to make reservations three hours before our arrival and there was availability. The women on the phone I believe her name was chandrea or something like that was wonderful and when we walked in a couple hours later she remembered our conversation over the phone.

She was professional attentive and very nice! She gave us a brief idea of the area, restaurants, Bart and surrounding cities. The hotel was clean, VERY CLEAN! rooms were big and comfortable, all staff members were professional and really cared about our comfortability and stay.

The breakfast in the morning was great! Not like other hotels where breakfast is dinky. We had our choice of eggs, sausage , donuts, bagels, waffles, yogurt, cereal, oj, apple juice, coffee. The breakfast area was clean and neat.

We stayed for two nights and for only 140 a night it was WONDERFUL! I would highly recommend!!!!! The only downfall is that they have no pool BUT a 24 hr gym and everything else made it worth it! I was stay again!

• Stayed July 2013
Comfort S, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Castro Valley - East Bay, responded to this review, July 15, 2013
Greetings!

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on Tripadvisor following your recent stay at our hotel. Thank you for acknowleding the staff member who helped you over the phone and who also checked you in. Our dedicated staff members strive to provide all our guests with exemplary service and an enjoyable stay and I hope that we were able to exceed your expectations. We appreciate your reccommendation and hope that you keep us in mind on your next visit to Castro Valley, CA.

Warm Regards,

Bethesda, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2013

My wife and I stayed here for 7 weeks during and after my son's hospitalization in December. The rooms are spacious and comfortable but what sets this place apart is the staff, all of whom were wonderfully courteous, attentive and helpful.

I especially want to acknowledge Front Desk Manager Omar Ansari, who helped us enormously during a very difficult time. Omar is really the person who manages the whole deal at this location, and he is amazing. Omar treats every staff person with respect and cordiality yet he demands a high level of job performance, which he gets in return from everyone. Most importantly, he treats every guest like he would a guest in his own home, and we appreciated it.

We went back to visit our son again last month for 3 weeks, and even though he lives in Oakland, we came back to this Comfort Suites, just because of Omar.

Thanks, Omar. Hope to see you and the rest of your great staff again soon.

The Robinsons
Bethesda, MD

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Dear Jiles,

Thank you so much for the lovely review! It was our pleasure to host you and your wife and I am pleased to hear that my dedicated staff members and I were able to make your stay comfortable and enjoyable. It gives my team and I great pleasure to know that you had a memorable stay. I will certainly pass on your review as I am sure they will be very appreciative to know that their efforts are acknowledged by our guests. We value your business and look forward to welcoming you back to the Bay Area.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Castro Valley
The Marina Inn on San Francisco Bay
BEST WESTERN PLUS Inn of Hayward
Hilton Garden Inn Oakland/San Leandro
La Quinta Inn & Suites Hayward Oakland Airport

Been to Holiday Inn Express Castro Valley - East Bay? Share your experiences!