“Nothing not to like”

Holiday Inn Express Castro Valley - East Bay
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Castro Valley
Reviewed November 16, 2012

For a Comfort Suites this is an excellent hotel.

The hotel is right off the intersection of two freeways, so very easy access to transportation.

The front desk was very helpful at checkin, and the lobby and hallways are freshly decorated and attractive. The room was very clean and had amenities such as free internet (wifi), microwave, refrigerator, desk. The bed was very comfortable and the climate control worked well. I didn't experience any noise from nearby traffic.

The hotel has no pool, but has a fitness center and a sauna(?) or something similar (did not try this out).

The breakfast was complimentary and was fairly average by hotel standards. There were some cooked eggs as well as a selection of cereals, some fresh fruit, and a waffle machine which made excellent waffles.

I'd highly recommend this hotel if you are staying in the area. The value is much better than many other hotels.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
CVCOMFORTSUITES, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Castro Valley - East Bay, responded to this reviewResponded November 17, 2012

Thank you very much for your generous compliments of our hotel and staff! I am very pleased to hear your stay with us was comfortable and enjoyable. I will deffinitely share your positive feedback with the rest of our staff as I am sure they will be happy to know that their efforts are well appreciated. Please contact us directly if we can be of any assistance to you in booking future reservations. We value your business and hope that you keep us in mind on your next visit to Castro Valley, CA.

Reviewed October 27, 2012

We stayed here to be close to the Oakland airport for an early morning flight. We were very satisfied with the staff, accommodations, breakfast and location (about a 15 minute drive to OAK). Compared to the other lodging offerings in the area, you can't go wrong staying there. Very clean, comfortable and the front desk staff was over the top. They even called our room about 15 minutes after check-in to ensure we were satisfied. No hotel has ever done that for us, even pricey top-notch chains. Would certainly stay again. Travelers tip: make your reservation online, you'll save quite a bit. Our rate was $113.00 online but the rate at check-in without a reservation would have been $170.00, big difference!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
CVCOMFORTSUITES, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Castro Valley - East Bay, responded to this reviewResponded November 3, 2012

Thank you very much for your feedback following your recent stay at our hotel! I am pleased to hear that you were satisfied with our accommodations. We do our best to excel with regards to quality customer service and I am delighted that we made a great first impression. Thank you for recognizing our service and staff and please do not hesitate to contact us directly for the best available rate. We appreciate your business and hope that you keep us in mind on your next visit to Castro Valley, CA.

Best Regards,

Reviewed October 26, 2012

Had to be in the area for last the two weeks, 4 nights a week. Stayed elsewhere for the 1st week, but found this location on my 2nd week and made sure to book my 3rd upcoming week here again.

Rooms have the necessary amenities and were clean. The bed is very comfortable and has great pillows. Although they were a little smaller than I was used to (about the size of a larger throw pillow), there were plenty of them on the bed. There is a satellite setup for the TV and some excellent move channels offered.

Andre assisted me with booking my room and checked me in when I arrived. He pointed out all of the local restaurants to hit and if you need to find something, he'll find it for you. He did a great job of getting me set up and was more than happy to help.

Great overall experience!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business

Dear Rich,

Thank you for your comment! It is our sincerest pleasure to accommodate you once again at our hotel. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us! Andre is indeed a great asset to our business and I appreciate you acknowledging his services. Please contact me directly if I can be of any assistance to you in booking future reservations. We value your business and look forward to serving you again!

Reviewed October 24, 2012

I visit San Fransico area often & have tried many local hotels. This is one of the few at the top of the list with reasonable rates. Clean, friendly, and safe. Away from hustle & bustle of city. Several restaurants nearby. Very attentive staff. Rooms spacious & clean. Will be returning to this hotel upon my next visit.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
CVCOMFORTSUITES, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Castro Valley - East Bay, responded to this reviewResponded October 25, 2012

Thank you very much for your generous compliments of our hotel and staff. I will communicate your feedback to our entire staff as I am sure they will be very pleased to know their efforts are well appreciated. We value your business and look forward to welcoming you back to the San Francisco Bay Area.

Reviewed October 22, 2012

My husband and I flew in from Guam on Oct. 18 to attend the Centennial Birthday Celebration of his aunt during the weekend. I had requested a room with accessibility modifications to accommodate my physical challenges. Although we arrived several hours before Check-In time, Omar informed us that our room was being prepped as the previous night had been a full house and assured us that we could go up to our room as soon as it was ready. During the check-in process, I mentioned that my husband's brothers would be arriving the next day, commenting that it would be great if our rooms could be on the same floor, close to each other.

As soon as we walked in, I noticed how clean and fresh the room smelled. After 12 hours of flight, that was a great first impression. Once we turned on the light and I saw the room, I was really impressed. It was spacious and beautiful! And the accessibility modifications were perfect!! When we got back from dinner that evening, there were chocolate chip cookies waiting in the lobby -- felt like home away from home! Breakfast the next morning was quite substantial -- no Continental Breakfast here. The buffet included the requisite breakfast pastries as well as (white and wheat) bread and bagels for the toaster, scrambled eggs, sausage and bacon, batter for waffles, assorted fruits, instant oatmeal and cold cereals. There was also yogurt and hard boiled eggs in the refrigerator, orange and apple juices, and different pots of coffee (regular, bold, decaf) as well as hot water and tea bags. There was so many options, one could not walk away feeling hungry.

One of the best parts was that our room was "sandwiched" between those of my husband's two brothers! I don't know if the rooms were assigned when the reservations were made -- putting those with the same surname together -- or if it happened after I made my remark while checking in. We were just so happy to be so close to each other and, since it was the only one with 2 beds, our room became the meeting place for the other relatives who had made the wise decision of choosing Comfort Suites for their weekend stay.

We loved the free WiFi and high speed Internet, which enabled us to stay connected with our loved ones at home. When I had difficulty entering the destination on the "Never Lost" system in our rental car, I was able to use the desktop in the lobby to print out the directions. Best of all, the staff was friendly and polite, eager to ensure that all our needs were met. When I mentioned that I appreciated having oatmeal available, I was offered the option of having hotter water and/or warmed milk available.

If we ever return to Castro Valley, Comfort Suites will once again be our Home away from Home.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank MaryLouGP

Dear Mrs. MaryLou

I am very pleased to hear that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay with us and I appreciate your comprehensive feedback following your recent stay at our hotel. Our staff and management strive to provide all our guests with exemplary service and I am delighted that you experienced it first hand during your stay with us. Thank you for recognizing the cleanliness of our property and our fantastic staff. We value your business and look forward to welcoming you back to the San Francisco Bay Area.

Your home away from home!

Reviewed October 15, 2012

We had a crisis, needed a place to stay quickly that could accomodate my wife with a strained back. We arrived late with no reservations . We were very professionally helped, with great compassion and concern. We were very grateful for the friendly staff who were exceptionally willing to assist in every need. Our room was very clean, beautifully decorated, bed was exceptionally comfortable also. There was a very large group of international guests staying while we were there for 3 days. The elevator was not functioning one morning. The staff continued on as if all was under control even with so many guests on the 2,3 and 4th floors needing the elevator. The problem was immediately solved. We would have understood if we had been noticed because there were so many special guests. We were treated as if we were very, very important even with the extra pressure upon the staff. Outstanding experience and everyone went well beyond our expectations. BRAVO We will be back and we will tell our friends. the Coxes

Room Tip: We shy away from the Castro Valley traffic and felel the freeway traffic was not at all bothersome...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank robert c
CVCOMFORTSUITES, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Castro Valley - East Bay, responded to this reviewResponded October 17, 2012

Thank you very much for your comprehensive feedback following your recent stay with us! It was our pleasure to accommodate you under such difficult circumstances and I wish your wife a speedy recovery. Your compliments of our hotel and staff are very much appreciated and we will certainly share your positive feedback with the rest of our staff. We value your business and look forward to hosting you again in the near future!

Wishing you all the best,

Reviewed October 9, 2012

Everything I needed. Where's my toothpaste? Boom. Had me covered. Internet? Pen? Maps? Every time I called, they picked up on the first ring. Friendly service even when I was being annoying. Omar at the front was especially helpful!

• Stayed: October 2012
1  Thank jerrrbear
CVCOMFORTSUITES, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Castro Valley - East Bay, responded to this reviewResponded October 11, 2012

Jerrrbear,

Thank you for the awsome compliment! You know we got you covered, and of course, always with a smile :) I appreciate you taking the time to write a review about your stay with us and it would be my sincerest pleasure to host you at our hotel. Keep us in mind on your next visit to the San Francisco Bay Area. Wishing you and your lovely family all the best!

Warm Regards,

Hampton Inn Oakland-Hayward
Hampton Inn Union City
Hampton Inn Union City
#1 of 4 in Union City

Been to Holiday Inn Express Castro Valley - East Bay? Share your experiences!