All reviews front desk pancake machine great place to stay yogurt lots of pillows san francisco oakland airport highly recommend this hotel fridge and microwave free breakfast housekeeping staff room was large hayward freeway hie elevator inns
Reviewed February 24, 2012

I checked out Comfort Suites when a nearby hotel didn't meet my standards. I was pleasantly surprised to be greeted personally by the manager, Chandan, who graciously brought me a snack from the pantry when I mentioned I was a diabetic and had missed my lunch. The rooms were immaculate and beautifully decorated, and the beds were comfortable. I soon realized Chandan knew and greeted every customer by name. It was obvious that most of the customers make this Comfort Suite their home base, for obvious reasons. I plan to return next time I'm in the area. My only disappointment is that I can't count on all Comfort Suites to be managed at this same level of excellence.

Room tip: The business floor was quiet.
Date of stay: October 2011
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
CVCOMFORTSUITES, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Castro Valley - East Bay, responded to this reviewResponded February 24, 2012

Thank you for your comment. Many of our long time guests use us as their primary hotel when traveling or doing business in the area. We are very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and that we were able to meet, if not surpass, your expectations. We appreciate your business and taking the time to review our hotel. We look forward to your next stay with us!

Reviewed February 23, 2012

The Castro Valley location makes points in the East Bay or South Bay easily accessible for the business traveller. San Francisco is only about a 30 minute drive across the Bay Bridge. More importantly, I rarely experience this level of quality customer service in the Choice Hotels chain. I arrived a couple hours earlier than the usual check in time. Not a problem. Not only did the Chondon, the manager, check me into my room, she personally inspected it, turned on the heat, left me a bottle of water and even turned music on. Wow! She also explained how putting me in the front of the building on the top floor would ensure a quiet night's rest. My suite was spacious and freshly painted with clean new carpet. The entire property is immaculate and very well maintained. This hotel is so well run, if fact, I believe it should be a housekeeping, maintenance and customer service training model for all Choice Hotel franchise owners or managers. In addition to the outstanding customer service I enjoyed a very comfortable bed, great shower, decent wi-fi and was located in a relatively safe neighborhood. On top of this they serve a great breakfast. There are several eateries and shopping available within short driving distance. Also, there is a great fitness center in the hotel, with a spa and sauna to boot. For the price this is an exceptional value for the area. I spend 5-10 night a month in hotels so I believe I can recognize a great deal. This, without a doubt, is a great deal.

Date of stay: February 2012
1  Thank steverinsc

Thank you for reviewing our hotel. Quality customer service is highly emphasized at our hotel and our staff takes great pride in providing all our guests with exceptional service. Our guests satisfaction is our main priority and we are happy to hear your stay with us was comfortable and enjoyable. We appreciate your business and hope that you keep us in mind on your next visit to Castro Valley, CA.

Reviewed February 22, 2012

I feel bad because I actually visited this hotel about 6 months ago and wanted to write a review at that time. But life got in the way and as luck would have it I found the receipt for my taxes from this establishment and it reminded me that I needed to tell people about my experience there.

First, the rooms are CLEAN and quiet. The staff there, led by THE FINEST CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE I HAVE EVER SEEN, Chandan, made my stay PERFECT.

Everything I needed was supplied - oftentimes before I even knew I needed or wanted it!

Chandan knew by name every guest that came through the doors - and made genuine conversation with everyone. She went to personally pour me a glass of cold milk and fix me a little snack plate late one afternoon when she certainly had no obligation to do so.

I will stay at Comfort Suites in Castro Valley whenever I visit the East Bay. It has become my #1 choice in the Bay Area. Thank you, Chandan, for making my stay at Comfort Suites so memorable. I wish every Choice Hotel had a Chandan!

Date of stay: October 2011
  • Trip type: Traveled on business

Thank you for your comment. We take great pride in providing our guests with exceptional customer service and we are happy that you were able to experience it first hand. We sincerely thank you for taking time to write this review about your stay with us. Your business is very much appreciated and we hope that you keep us in mind on your next visit to Castro Valley, CA.

Reviewed February 20, 2012

The best service and the best staff of any hotel I have ever stayed at. They really make sure you are happy with the rooms. They are also continually improving the beds, furniture , best televisions , fresh paint and a great breakfast1!!! I do about 100 + nights on the road and always look forward to this hotel!!!

My highest recomendations!!!

Date of stay: February 2012
1  Thank sixwax

Thank you for your feedback. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and we thank you for recommending our hotel. We appreciate your business and look forward to your next stay with us!

Reviewed February 17, 2012

My mother recently underwent brain surgery at Eden Medical Center and this hotel was a great home base for us during her time in the hospital. The staff were extremely accommodating especially given the stress of the situation. The hotel itself is very well kept and a good value. Would highly recommend this to anyone who needs a close but quiet spot near the hospital.

Date of stay: January 2012
CVCOMFORTSUITES, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Castro Valley - East Bay, responded to this reviewResponded February 19, 2012

Thank you for your comment. We would like to wish your mother a speedy recovery from her surgery and we thank you for staying with us under such difficult circumstances. It was a pleasure for us to accomodate you at our hotel. We appreciate your business and hope that you keep us in mind on your next visit to Castro Valley, CA.